Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA - Authorization issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am using BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to change material master data in my program .

I am updating the Planned delivery time field in MRP2 view.

My program is working fine in development server where i am having authorization for MM01 and MM02. But when I am trying to exicute the same program in Quality server it is throwing Authorization error. I am having authorization for MM02 only and i am not having authorization for MM01 but i am using the

BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to change the Material(MM02) .

Please guide me . What could be the reason for my issue and any suggestion would be helpful

Thanks in advance.

Jagadeshwar.G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeshwar,

Try doing the same Activity manually in MM02 with the same data that you are passing to the BAPI.

You may be able to trap something here.

In addition to this just to confirm this is auth error try executing your program with Background UserID or any other user ID which generallt has more Auth.

Regards

Shital

3 REPLIES 3

former_member183990
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey this is a Basis issue

ask your BASIS consultant to make it correct in quality system

with regards

s.janagar

0 Kudos

Thanks for your information . But i am able to change Material manually using MM02 . My question

why it is throwing Authrization error when I use BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to change material .

Thanks in advance.

Jagadeshwar.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeshwar,

Try doing the same Activity manually in MM02 with the same data that you are passing to the BAPI.

You may be able to trap something here.

In addition to this just to confirm this is auth error try executing your program with Background UserID or any other user ID which generallt has more Auth.

Regards

Shital