cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating EWA for JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to generate an EWA report for a JAVA stack.

I have an ABAP + JAVA system for which I've configured SMD.

The SETUP (Diagnostic Setup-->Managed Sytems) has been executed successfully.

In SMSY I've created a JAVA component for the system.

The ABAP EWA runs fine.

However, no JAVA report in generated in DSWP.

Will the report be generated seperately for the 2 stacks in DSWP?

Also, when I try to manually generate it in the Trubleshooting tab on the SMD webpage,

I just get an XML page.

Pls. help.

Thanks,

Have a nice weekend,

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

EWA will not be generated for each stack of a system.

i.e., not one for ABAP stack and another one for JAVA stack.

EWA will be generated one for each system. But the system may have ABAP stack only or JAVA stack only or both ABAP+JAVA stacks. It doesn't matter.

So if your system has both ABAPJAVA stacks(like ECC system), then DSWP will generate one EWA as the way you created the system in SMSY. You would have been created a single system in SMSY though it has both ABAPJAVA stacks, not two systems right.

If you want to generate EWA for non-ABAP system like enterprise portal or any java system,

then you have to create seperate system and solution for these system and generate EWA.

Note 976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components.

A user guide is attached in this note.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Like you mentioned there is only 1 system created, with SAP XSS & SAP ECC Server.

However under System Components, I've created a "Java" node with my system under it.

This shows all the Java componenets deployed on the server.

Is there soemthing else I need to specify in SMSY.

Also, what do I have to do to manually generate the Java EWA report on the smd link?

Thansk,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2.2 Data Retrieval (Java)

Technically, the Java part of the Data Retrieval process is transparent to the user and typically requires no further configuration. However, it does offer a direct interface to access the data retrieved for the EWA, bypassing the ABAP Data Retrieval infrastructure. In particular, it can be accessed by the Service Cockpit of the SMD directly for maintenance and error detection.

2.2.1 The Service Cockpit

The Service Cockpit can be reached under the following URL: http://<SMD Host>:<SMD Port>/smd/services. Its role is to provide a graphical UI to the Data Provider.

2.2.3 Configuration

All services, for which the data provider can retrieve data, are configured centrally through a configuration XML. The section u201CConfigurationu201D allows you to display this XML, download it for editing and upload a newer version if required.

2.2.4 Service Download

The actual retrieval of the data for the selected service (e.g. the EWA) can be triggered manually in section u201CService Downloadu201D. This will trigger the same processes as the external call from the ABAP side through the CSDCCN. The purpose of this functionality is to quickly allow access the data collected for the EWA and other services even without the ABAP data retrieval infrastructure.

Selecting the button u201CStart Serviceu201D will trigger the data retrieval of all relevant data for the selected service and the selected system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply..

We are currently on SP17 (i.e. LMSERVICE=SP17 and the other packages are on SP16)..

I've already referred this doc. and the screenshots herein are quite different.

Start Service just gives me an XML output.:((

Can't figure out whre I'm going wrong..

Also, CSDCCN T-code does not exist in my system.

Anyway thanks,

Saba.

Edited by: Saba Sheikh on Apr 27, 2009 1:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

Did you figure out the problem.I am also getting the same issue.Please let me know if you have a solution.

Regards,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

Yes ..I finally did manage to generate the EWA for the ABAP+JAVA stack..yippeee:))

1. Ensure that your ABAP EWA is working fine

2. Ensure that the Setup Wizard has run successfully

3. The GCA task should be properly scheduled & successfull each time it runs

4. Cross check SMSY entries

Thanks,

Hope you get the elusive report!

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what means GCA ???

regards

Ch. Fischer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I beleive GCA stands fro Garbage Collection Activity

To manaully create an EWA for Java you can do a Service Download in SMD and that will output an XML file.

This XML file can be uploaded into a service session using transaction DSA, under SMD data retrieval.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI paul,

Can you please help me in getting EWA for Java systems.

Please let me know the steps used for the configuration.

Please share any docs you have for it.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

how can I set this XML for all future EWA-Reports?

I don´t want to upload every week these XML to get additionally the javapart to the XI 🐵

best regards

Christian

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Christian,

The process should be automatic. Likely there is an issue in one of the SDCCN tasks.

Check the task logs for any errors.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

task log ins SDCCN from solution manager and XI shows no error. In the EWA I got only ABAP and Databse details.

XML for Java must be manually downloaded and uploaded via transaction DSA.