Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution for re-scheduling a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am looking a solution for re-scheduling a project:

i am creating a project with multipal WBS Network & Activitys along with duration and work (forward Scheduling) i scheduled it and sved it. Now i changed the duration in the second level WBS's activity, i re-scheduled it system is only re-scheduling for that perticulat WBS activity. System is showing the float for the other activity insteed of change in dates.

My requirement is to re schedule the whole project if change in any of the WBS activity.

Kindky suggest me waht to do ?

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

noule_srinivas
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

in Project Planning Board, select all WBS Elements and go to Edit->Reconcile Dates->Extrapolate Dates and confirm the Pop-up accordingly. This will extrapolate date upto Project Definition level.

Regards,

Noule Srinivas

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Select all the WBS in the Project palnning board ..calculate cost & then press schedule ....ur project will be reschedule..

hope u will get it..

Regards,

Ansar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input,

but let me clear more about the case

The project schedule is changing only in the in the perticular WBS not down that perticular WBS, i want effect to all the WBS down to that.

Can u suggest me what to do now ?

Kumar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What r u using? Top down or bottom up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bottom up !

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So u want the WBS dates to be adjusted whenever u make changes in activities...is that all ur requirement?

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mukesh

Check the relationship between the activities across all WBSEs.

I mean if you WBS1, WBS2. And each have 2 & 3 activities. The relationship must be defined between the activities of WBS1 & WBS2. Then only, your re-scheduling will adjust all the dates in the following WBSEs.

Thanks