BPM sync-async bridge returns status "to be delivered"

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I have a BPM consisting of the following steps:

1. Receive (open S/A bridge): Msg SalesOrder

2. Transformation: create Msg SalesOrderResponse

3. Send (close S/A bridge): SalesOrderResponse (to sending system)

4. Send (async send): SalesOrder (to receiver system)

RWB shows 4 messages when the scenario is executed:

Sender - BPM

BPM - BPM

BPM - Sender

BPM - Receiver

The BPM works in that both the sender and receiver system receives the expected messages (SalesOrderResponse and SalesOrder), but the RWB returns the status "To be delivered" for the message from Sender to BPM and from BPM to BPM.

SXMB_MONI shows one message only, which is successful, and the PE_ADAPTER shows the BPM as completed.

Do you know why the status is "to be delivered", when the messages are received correctly at both sender and receiver system?

How can we make all messages involved in the scenario successful?

Thank you very much for any help!

Br,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Closing the thread without proper solution.

-Kenneth

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to give a little more info.

The sender CC is FILE configured with modules for synchronous behaviour (OneWayResponseBean), which then receives the response message from the BPM.

In RWB - Component monitoring - Adapter Engine - Engine Status - Additional Data: I can see 2 new messages under "Asynchronous messages in process" for every execution of the scenario, one for the response to the sender and one for the message to the receiver. This suggests that XI is not completely finished processing these, although the audit log shows both these as completed successfully.

Hope this helps.

-Kenneth

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Please have a look at the following link and see if it helps.

Best Regards

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, but I have already re-created all interfaces and the BPM in IR, and reimported to ID. I do not get any error messages anywhere, SXI_CACHE is OK (return code 0 for BPM), SWWL contains no old processes.

Another maybe useful piece of information:

the two messages returning "To be delivered" status in RWB both exist for Integration Engine. The first, for Sender -> BPM, the inbound channel is AENGINE and outbound channel is SA_COMM. Could it be that SA_COMM does not notify AENGINE that it has received the message?

The other message with the same status is from BPM -> BPM, with message interface SalesOrderResponse_ABS both for sender and receiver, which I don't understand why. This interface should only be used from BPM to sender... There is no inbound or outbound channel specified for this message.

So is the BPM sending some information to itself through the same message interface?

Any clues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I am facing exactly the same issue. Except in the sender case data is directly posted to the Interation Engine - HTTP sender adapter.

The user submits the data from URL and the user is notified with the return successful message.

But in RWB the message in To Be Delivered status.

Please let me know if you found anything on this.....

reg

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I have not figured this one out yet, but we decided to change the scenario setup to avoid using BPM for this since I could get this to work 100%.

-Kenneth