cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data integration between de-coupled SAP ERP and standalone SAP SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are planning the setup of a SRM system in standalone scenario. A SAP ERP storing vendor master data or accounting data is in place. Due to decoupled system architecture we want to distribute the master data using ALE/IDoc technology out of SAP ERP via SAP PI into SAP SRM.

When checking documentation it seems even in standalone scenario I have to define the financial system in the customizing. Does this mean the accounting data are also in a standalone scenario not really stored in SRM but an online check in SAP ERP is required? On the other hand I understood some other documentation this way, that accounting data are stored in specific tables in SAP SRM (even if it seems not according to the storage in SAP ERP). Furthermore it seems the message types for ALE/IDoc scenarios do not exist in SAP SRM.

Based on this I have the following questions:

1) To which extend are vendor master data and accounting data stored in SAP SRM (in a standalone scenario)

2) Does someone has experience regarding master data distribution in the standalone scenario and can judge whether the distribution via IDoc / ALE is an option?

Thanks for your feedback and support!

Regards,

Ti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Till,

Could you share us your experience on this. I am in similar situation now.

we have SRM standalone system and client do not want to use ERP for its Accounting documents. They want ERP system only to create master data like GL, Cost Center etc and want them to be pushed to SRM. Does SRM store the Accounting Information (during the time of SRM Invoice) on its own without ERP in the backend. I want to understand the benefits of using ERP(AP) Invoice rather than SRM Invoice.

Thanks

Shriya

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Poster,

As no response has been provided to the thread in some time I must assume the issue is resolved, if the question is still valid please create a new thread rephrasing the query and providing as much data as possible to promote response from the community.

Best Regards,

SDN SRM Moderation Team