Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM -MDM in classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if am using SRM MDM in classic scenario then

u2022If I create a shopping cart in SRM do I need to maintain the product category of the items selected from MDM in SRM as well.

u2022Also, if PO is created in MM then does it mean that all the products in MDM have to be created in MM as well. If not then what is the scenario like.

Thanks,

Manu

Edited by: Manu Agrawal on Apr 24, 2009 12:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the F1 help as per this the product will nort be chkd in EBP if the flag is set.But wat about the chk in MM as wen i select the item from catalog and create a PO in MM the PO will fail as item is not present /creted in MM database.So, how theChecks are made in the backend system to determine whether the product exists.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Manu

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

in case of classic scenario the Material Master is a must in the backend system, because the same has to be booked in the FI. So please create the Materials in the SRM system, than upload also into the catalog.

The creation of the Materials (is called "Product" in the SRM system) in the SRM is not needed.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If my understanding is correct ,i will reproduce your question again . If you create shopping cart from the supplier catalogue in a classic scenario how the Material group sync happens when PO is created in the Back end R/3.

My assumption and the practice followed generally is that a Fixed Material group is decided and automatically maintained via OCI interface when shopping cart is created .Which means we define the rule for all catalogue items to determine and populate respective material group automatically into shopping cart.

As shopping cart is created since for the catalogue items there will be contract and source assigned in the ERP ,as soon as PR is replicated to R/3 as per classic scenario , the PR will have supplier assignment and if you run auto order transaction code system will generate PO in R/3 and sent to the supplier based on the condition records.

For the Material group you will configure it in R/3 for all catalogue items and replicate it in SRM and also you will provide input for the BADI or FM which create shopping cart automatically from catalogue through OCI method.

Hope this helps..

regards

Narahari

-

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

please consider also the following:

If you take products from the catalog into the SC, there is no need to replicate the materials from the MM system into the SRM in case of classic scenario.

For this you only need to set a flag in the customizing: SPRO -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Master Data -> Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.) -> Choose the corresponding catalog ... Details -> Set the flag "Do not check product" (see also the F1 help of this field).

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

The scenario is somewhat clear to me now.

Also, please let me know wahy will happen at the material/product level as in:

I create a SC in SRM using an item selected from catalogues.Now since the catalogue items is sent by the supplier I dont have this item maintained NEITHER in SAP SRM NOR in ERP(MM).In this case (in classic scenario) assuming that all the product categories and material groups are in sync for all the three systems what will be the system behaviour.Will I be able to make the PO in ERP.

OR I have to replicate/manually maintain all the material/products sent by the supplier in SRM and ERP.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope that you will create the following Unique and only one in all the three below system :-

1. Material group in ERP

2. Product catagory in SRM

3. Material group in MDM

This will ensure always consistancy in transaction process and help in reporting point of view as well. If we have incosistancy in any of the system will have an impact . Especially in the Classic scenario leading system is ERP and therefore we must follow the ERP system Material group as a Base and the same need to be replicated in SRM and the same should be used in MDM . When i say in MDM there will be two scenrio's ie

Firstly from SRM catalogue perspective we may use Text item and carryout all posting to the account assignement( One of the possible scenario_

Secondly from ~Data harmonisation and maintanence point of view we have to set up a stable process such a way we maintian uniqueness in the material group.

Hope this will help from the concept perspective.

regards

Narahari

-