cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open OSS connection using SolMan with a message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to setup my solman system (SolMan 7.0) to open and close OSS connections to using txn SOLMAN_CONNECT. i refreshed the list by running report AI_SC_MIGRATION. We normally open the connection once someone from SAP calls and there is message open with a sonsultant name assigned. Now i vaguely remember from the E2E100 course i did that you could add logon details within SolMan to that message vso that SAP could access that information from the message number but i did raise a question that how would the message be updated by the Basis Admin to tell SAP that connection and logon for which i did not get a answer, becuase it would mean that we still have to go to the marketplace to update the mesasge which proves a bit useless.

Can anyone kindly let me know the following:

1. How to access a message to update it with access details within SolMan for a particular message.

2. If possible, how the message can be found and updated within SolMan.

SolMan SP level 15

Your help is much appreciated

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understanding that you need to Raise a Oss Ticket from Solution Manager.

If you configured the Solution manager Support Desk functionality , from the Support Ticket using Actions you can send message to OSS.

Is that what you are looking for ? please confirm , so that will discuss ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your reply.

The SolMan system is a dev system for the moment and i am testing out its functionality. This feature of opening OSS connections and updating OSS messages would prove very useful for us. I would assume we may need to activate some services using SICF, if so is there an OSS note for this?

Could i potentially view open messages from the marketplace within SolMan?

Thanks,

Mani

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

This is really a nice feature offered by service desk with which you can directly open an OSS message via solman.

You just goto crmd_order ...click change mode..actions button and click send message to sap ....done

Thus this will open an OSS message for u and u can login to SMP and goto inbox where you can see the message.

For this there are few config required need to be done from IMG goto

spro->basic settings->connection to SAP

Also maintain AISUSER transaction entries with user and their OSS IDs

Few notes ..for ur info

993775 contains a list of the system data which is synchronized between the SAP Solution Manager and the SAP Support Portal.

Note 1247502 - SP: Sent Automatically to SAP indicator

Note 1140822 - SAP customer number for installation number &1 unknown

Note 781163 - RNOTIFUPDATE01: Information for scheduling

Note 1278052 - No e-mail from SAP for messages from the Service Desk

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Apr 24, 2009 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

In order to have status of message update The Report RNOTIFUPDATE01 has to be scheduled on a hourly basis to get the accurate status of the messages sent to SAP and also to replicate

the replies given by SAP in the Customer Solution Manager.

The background job name is : REFRESH MESSAGE STATUS. This is documented

in the IMG Activity at the following node :

SAP Solution Manager >

Basic Settings >

Standard Configuration of Basic settings >

General Settings >

Schedule Background Jobs

Also the same has been documented in the note 781163.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I had already scheduled all the jobs successfully. I had a look at that note before and i had a look at the variant that was setup with the job:

1000 Source System P W

1000 Unconfirmed Notifications P X

1000 Create New Notification P X

It seems i cannot change the variant becuase i have no authorization to change the variant SAP&WORKPLACE so i will create a new one.

I would think that to get messages raised within SolMan and OSS messages from SAP marketplace i would need to setup variant with Source System 'All' ?

Answers (0)