cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing a High Availability Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to implement a Disaster Recovery Server for the Production Instance. we are running a DB2 database and would like to know how exactly we can implement this solution. Are there specific how to guides concerning this. What are the steps that are needed and what additional software would be needed in order to setup a standby database?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I think i would need some help as i have never done this before and want to be cautious. I would appreciate all the help that you could give.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure everyone would help you but I would suggest you first start yourself,find the guides on the links that I gave to you,go through them and let us know what are the steps you will follow so that peope here can help you with your doubts and confusions

I feel its a better approach

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And I will add that a disaster recovery plan is completely specific to each company.

It depends a lot about which disaster you want to survive, how long is the out of service time acceptable (1 minute or several hours ?), how many data centers are available ? and so on...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor

There are guides available on Service Marketplace on High Availabilty solutions

just search Marketplace and you will find them.Let me know if you need help

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can also find information about this on

Rohit