Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, short dump when save or copy task workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Please help me, i found short dump DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR except CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

when i tried to save workflow or copy task..

Any solution to solve this short dump, because i can not copy or save my workflow again..

Thank you. Really appreciate your respond and solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Thank you for your suggestion and solutions.

My Problem has been resolved. It caused by the space at my system was full, so the table wasn't insert and show the short dump.

Once again, Really appreciate your opinions.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you searched OSS for an answer? Seems to be a bug in the system? Do you have enough authorisations (SAP_ALL)? What's the patch level of your SAP GUI (I have seen short dumps in workflow builder due to old version of SAP GUI).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

My User already has authorisation SAP_ALL. And the level patch of my SAP GUI already upgraded become level 5, with SAP 710.

How is the way for find the answer from the OOS? Because i am new with SAP. And is it bug from the SAP or it's caused by my mistake?

Thank you.

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the Problem in you system 'SAP GUI' (front end) Gui is Not installed Properly, Re-install and try again. And you can also try the same in some other system.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surjith kumar,

I already tried in other system and other PC but i still found the short dump. And i have upgraded the patch so it's not because my SAP GUI.

Thank you.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ask your SAP Administrator or BASIS person about getting access to OSS.

What system, version and support pack are you on?

OSS Note 1115735 may be applicable.

Judging by what I'm reading in OSS, it's probably a SAP programming error that's leading to deadlocks in the database, it's unlikely to be any mistake on your part.

It may not help, but if possible try doing what you're doing a different way, breaking it up into smaller pieces if possible.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rick Bakker,

Thank you for the SAP note, but I don't understand about try doing what i'm doing a different way and breaking it up into smaller pieces if possible.

Can you explain it? And it is really the error system? and not my mistake? Because, i tried to debug the short dump and it shoe the error when p_save method and don't want to insert the saving name into table.

If there is wrong about the database, how i or the basis can fix it?

Really appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the SAP note applicable to your situation, ie can you upgrade to a version in which the bug is fixed?

When exactly is the error happening, if you save the workflow without changing anything? If so, then there isn't much you can do. I thought perhaps if the error occurs after making a large number of changes and then saving, you could instead save after each single change.

A deadlock (if that is what this problem is) occurs when a program X locks object A, followed by a lock on object B. If B is already locked then it has to wait for program Y to release the lock on B. But, if Y is waiting for a lock on A to be released then you get a deadlock. It is a result of a programming error, objects should always be locked in the same order by similar programs.

Sometimes you can get around a deadlock by doing things a bit differently, eg using a different program that has the same end effect (eg UWL instead of SBWP). But best of all is to fix the underlying problem by getting the bug fix.

What exactly do you mean by "save or copy task workflow". Is it a task, or a workflow?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology