cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that PI licenses are volume based. Can someone elaborate?

Would volume mean the kb/mb/gb of data transferred between systems?

Is this over and above the NetWeaver CPU licenses?

Thanks

Note: Please do not ask me to visit the SAP representative I am looking for a more informal response.

My customer has not decided to ahead with PI yet. We need to know what will be the impact of using PI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Cons,

When you say , PI licenses are volume based. You are absolutely correct . PI messages volume are collected by sap and charged accordingly , one relief being that messages between sap and xi are exempted from these charges.

Moreover the message volume of first 5 GB and not 50 GB as someone said is free. Also i guess there are no user based license fees for XI.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all those who responded.

Your responses have allowed me to articulate my query better. Please find them below:

1. Does SAP audit the licenses during the gol-live check or somethin?

2. I checked OSS note 871473 but could not get a picture of when they actually carry out the audit.

3. I used to send audit reports (USMM) of R/3 to SAP once a year. Is this the report used by SAP to come out with the billing value?

4. Besides, if interfaces are developed after the audit takes place, then how does SAP take this into account?...During the next audit which would happen next year?

5. My customer says that they already bought the PI licenses from SAP! How can that be when they do not even have the system installed!

6. What about the NetWeaver CPU licenses? Is it not relevant for PI?

Would appreciate if I could get more info.

7. @ Nallam

>

> 2. Number of users (i.e client installations)

>

Can you pls elaborate on this? I ave never heard of user based licensing in PI

Thanks everyone once again

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here licence depends on two things

1. Volume of messages tranfer through XI from one system to another system

2. Number of users (i.e client installations)

PI software cost will be depends on above two things. In my current project the client paid money to SAP based on above ones. I hope now clear little bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the answer to your query.

Regards

Krish