cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

task is locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

When iam trying to transport once again alreay relesed package with new TRN.In my Package i have changed something on function group.when iam trying to relesed the New request it saying Function group is locked.it is automatically assigend to a TASK.

What is diffrence between task and request?

how can i unlock it and transport ?

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

What is diffrence between task and request?

Task are means for distributing work to different persons under same change request. generally change request's owner (the team lead) releases the main request only after all the tasks have been released by the responsible persons. Generally this is seen in development phase of project.

how can i unlock it and transport ?

I believe, you're trying to release the request without releasing the task, thats why you're getting error. check again. first release the task, then the request.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

a task is created under a transport request,you can assign multiple tasks to a transport request

so when you want to release a transport request,you will have to release tasks(they contain the objects that you have edited) first and the you have to release the trequest

for more info on this,refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/62/117d0cb40145d6bfc655dac7deb9c1/frameset.htm

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will have to first release the old request that contains the function group that is contained in new request

then this function group will be locked

Rohit