Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_CHARACT_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am using the bapi BAPI_CHARACT_CHANGE , it does append new values to the charcteritic but deletes all the previous values, is there a check or something through which we can retain the old values while adding the new one.

Thanks,

sabs

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me, know for which Data you are adding the characteristic values.

Suppose if it is for Material or Batch...please follow the below process to add new characteristic values while retaining the old ones.

By using the following function module, you get the existing characteristic values into wtl_num_charac,

wtl_chr_charac and wtl_cur_charac.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_OBJCL_GETDETAIL'

EXPORTING

objectkey = wvl_objectkey

objecttable = c_objtable

classnum = c_classnum

classtype = c_classtyp

keydate = sy-datum

language = sy-langu

TABLES

allocvaluesnum = wtl_num_charac

allocvalueschar = wtl_chr_charac

allocvaluescurr = wtl_cur_charac

return = wtl_return.

Append the New values which you need to update to the same internal tables wtl_num_charac,

wtl_chr_charac and wtl_cur_charac. and call the following BAPI

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE'

EXPORTING

objectkey = wvl_objectkey

objecttable = c_objtable

classnum = c_classnum

classtype = c_classtyp

keydate = sy-datum

TABLES

allocvaluesnumnew = wtl_num_charac

allocvaluescharnew = wtl_chr_charac

allocvaluescurrnew = wtl_cur_charac

return = wtl_return.

Suppose, if you are uploading the the Characteristic Values for MAterial then the Values of

wvl_objectkey = Material01

Objecttable = 'MARA'

classnum = 'Classnumber'

classtype = 'Classtype'.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Apr 24, 2009 10:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the 'BAPI_CHARACT_CHANGE' documentation you clearly understand what is this BAPI for

0 Kudos

i have gone through it i did not find a way where i can save the values whil retaining the existing values , was cheking if someone knew abt the way , the idea given by another person seems to be useful , anyways thanks