Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM01 Authorization of Storage Locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a requirement to restrict a user to MM01 transaction --> in this transaction restrict only to MRP views ---> Plant 1000 and Storage Location 01, 02, 03 & 04...

I am able to restrict to MRP views and plant 1000...but in plant 1000 there are a total of 10 storage locations but i m unable to restrict to few storage locations as i didnt see the option to restrict storage locations?

Could any pls. help me out, and also suggest the solution if this is possible??

Thanks,

Subbu

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no objects in the standard system for MM01 that would allow you to restrict authorizations at storage location level. The maximum level that you can do upto is the plant level using M_MATE_WRK which you already have done. Also, the MRP view for that matter any view using object M_MATE_STA.

Although, if you need to do it, then you may to implement the authority check for a custom object which checks for the field LGORT (storage location) in the standard program via some user exit. Consult your ABAPer for the possibilities of doing the same.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi Subramaniam,

There is an object "M_MSEG_LGO" which includes Storage location..

After including this object storage location option is added but even when i restricted some storage locations i am unable to get the result....

Any idea??????

Thanks,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi

Its useless even if you maintained the relevant authorization object in the SAP role, it must be maintained in the associated ABAP program as Authority check statements by customizing the tcode MM01.

I as per my suggestion you must customize the ABAP program associated Tcode MM01