Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Req : How to hide window in Smartforms

SatheeshKumara1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Here I have an issue in smartforms, our client is having 2 plants, for 1st plant they want a window (it consists of NOTE to vendor) and for 2nd plant they don't want that data (ie; window is also not required). I gave condition in that window as (if plant = 1), then data is not displayed but the window is still appearing (ie; the space allocated for that window is coming as blank). so now i don't want that empty space to be displayed in the print preview. And I want to move the below window to tht position. So is it possible to hide that window in smartforms. Pls do help me in this case.

Regards,

Sathish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do in 2 ways.

1. Put the condition for the window also.

2. Define one window and in that window define 2 tables .

table1 with 1row(length is equal to window length) and 1 column(height equal to window height or less).

similarly table2 with 1row and 1 column.Put condition for table1 as plant = 1 and similarly for plant 2 condition for table1 as plant = 2. table empty space will not display if condition fails.

Thanks,

suma.

SatheeshKumara1
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for ur reply but, that's not issue,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use two templates in single window and place the conditions on Conditions tab of Templates. dont go for two windows for this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Rather than going with two windows ...

You can create a secondary window in that create a folder and in that you create two tables in which you would be showing plant. and display the windows in folder with conditions defined in table for there display.

Richa Tripathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

This is not possible to move the data in variable windows. For this expannd the main window and write the contents of that window in a folder and put the condition.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain clearly. what ever u want to write window write that text in the table1 and similarly table2. or u can use template with single row and single column(nothing but looks like a window). if condition fails means template data will not display as well as no empty space will display. try it.

Thanks,

suma.