cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Apply Template" must be active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam creating an application in web dynpro.I want button should be taken from "Apply Template".While iam clicking

Layout --> RootUIelementContainer (RightClick) --->

Apply Template will be in readonly mode. when it will be active.

What is the difference between taking the "button " from Insert Child and "button from "Apply Template"

Will any one please help me.

Regards

Sushma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

You can apply template on a view in WD Explorer too thru context menu option (right-click on the view) Template -> Apply

If this comes as read-only, there might be some configuration issue. Do not uninstall NWDS yet.

You can try the following steps: -

Close NWDS, delete the contents of metadata folder under your workspace, restart NWDS (7.0 release).

Close NWDS, delete contents of configuration folder (DO NOT DELETE config.ini file in it) in workspace, restart NWDS (7.1 release)

Hope this works for you.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

To summarize the above, different types of templates have been provided in Web Dynpro Java which when applied combines a no. of steps done frequently by the user in a particular logical order otherwise would have been done manually.

Refer SAP NetWeaver Library http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/26/8f1540904c8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

The option for 'Apply Template' should not be read-only (I assume this is a DC project synced & created from NWDI).

As the sources are synced so they are read-only, so you can try - first check-out the view in WD Explorer & then Apply Template.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Apr 24, 2009 1:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will u please tell me how i can check this in Web dynpro Explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sushma,

If u create the button using Apply template , u can give the lable , respective Action and Event and u call the methods and plugs in the same wizard.If u go for insert child every thing u have to do manually by going in to the properties of button.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Srikanth i understood the difference.

Please tell me why "Apply Template" is read only mode.Help me how to make this to active.

I want to create button in "Apply Template " only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be the installation problem.If u r using ce7.1 update the NWDS. For 7.0 reinstall it.If solved close the thread.

Regards,

Sri