cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Connection Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am trying hello world

but i am facing the problem i am not able to connect to R/3 system and facing problem to configure the r/3 connection.

can any one help me out and give step by step procedure.

i have also read documents from SDN but how to configure in Wid. Foundation dont know..?

Regards,

Chintan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

It is very easy to configure the SAP Widget Foundation.

1 : Check if the R/3 system is up.

2 : Click on the SAP Widget Foundation Icon at the right bottom corner and choose 'Configuration'.

3 : Select the link >>AdvancedSettings

4 :Click on Create new identity under Identification settings:

a : A pop up appears asking to 'enter unique instance name' - Give some name, say 'Chintan_SAP_Identity'.

b : Now select 'Chintan_SAP_identity' - Check the Managed Instance box, Under the 'Identity type' dropdown, choose Username and password, below the dropdown, enter your username and password of the R/3 System. No need to change name, label and description. Click on 'Save'.

5 :Click on Manage Service Providers under Service Providers: (Note: Here I am explaining Connecting to R/3 using JCO)

a : select Create Instance corresponding to JCO.

b : A pop up appears asking to 'enter unique instance name' - Give some name, say 'Chintan_SAP_JCO_ServiceProvider'.

c : Now select 'Chintan_SAP_JCO_ServiceProvider' - No need to change Instance name, label and description. Under Connection Settings, Enter the client number, Language, under 'Use message server' dropdown choose NO, and enter the system number, ID and AS Host. Under Authentication settings select 'Chintan_SAP_Identity'.Click on 'Save'.

d : Now click on check status . It should display 'Conenction Test succeeded'.

6 : check SAP RFC Service under Service Agents and under Service Provider instance: select 'Chintan_SAP_JCO_ServiceProvider'.Click on 'Save'.

7 : You should have a (correct) symbol on SAP Widget Foundation icon in green color.

Let me know if you still face problems.

Regards,

Shilpa B.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Many Many Thanks to you..

Great help but small doubt is there what i have to write in AS HOST..means where i can get its value...?

Regards,

Chintan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

when you open SAP logon pad, right click on the system you want to connect and click on 'Properties'.

There you fine ip address of Application Server which is nothing but the host.

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Shilpa B.V

Answers (0)