cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center Vs Asset master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Cost cneter is assigned to Asset at the time of purchase, as it is my client's requirement. So i have set Asset as "Optional" Feild in OME9. But while raising PO, the following error is coming..

G/L account 200006 cannot be used (please correct)

Message no. ME045

Diagnosis

Comparison of the field selection strings from the G/L account 200006 and the account assignment category A reveals that there is an incompatible combination of field selections for the field selection group 'Cost center'.

The G/L account field selection is stored in table T004F; that for the account assignment is stored in table T162K.

Procedure

Please enter a correct G/L account.

Can any body give solution please?

Dasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i solved the issue by configuring Screen layour rules and Transaction Ao21.

Thank you one and all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be due to the field status combination of Required in one place & suppressed in another place.

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends...

Is there any possibility assign cost center to an asset/sub asset at the time when we are creating asset master/sub asset master?

Dasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to assign a cost center in the Asset master in the Time- dependent tab.

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the field status of GL Account 200006 and Account assignment category "A"

Is GL account 200006 is a expense account or balance sheet account. I understand cost center field in account assignment category 'A' may be suppressed or in GL Account field status cost center may be suppressed. Please check

Account assignment category field settings will be MM module (SPRO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

200006 is an Asset account (balance sheet item)

Say, Plant and Machinary Account

Please guid in detail

Dasu