cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD: How to Create one Customer - For more than one Sales Off/Plant .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing Problem - How to Create one Customer - For more than one Sales Office & Plant, when the sales area is same for all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veneet,

1)For Example you have a 10 plants in u r company...same customer can access to All plant while excuting the Transaction in the system..even if you maintain the plants in Customer ,you can edit in SO.so,no need to extend to CMR plant wise..(If you have any Specific Req plz revert us back).

2)Your sales offfice in Bangalore/Chennai/mumbai...and you have 10 sales Arears...in ES...assignments..SAles office to Sales Area.you can assign all sales office to all Sales Arears.

Whiel Enetering the SO..you can select ,any one of Sales office .

Moreover youcan generate the Reports based on this.

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venky Raj, it was really a great help from your end too.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you cannot maintain more than one sales office in the customer at a time, but you can change the entry to another sales office if this is also assigned to the same sales area.

if the intention is to reflect the sales office in the transaction, you can overwrite the sales office in the transaction itself. in which case, you do not even need to enter a sales office in the customer master.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic Rule, Plant is determined First by CMIR, then CMR then MMR. So Plant is not a mandatory field in the Customer master.

Customer can order any material produced by the company, provided the Plant should be assign to Company code and Sales line(sales Org + Distribution Channel).

Sales office: Basically its created for geographical aspect. So it doesnt have any big effect on Sales process except for SIS and LIS reports.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja. But................

1.We have Plant at State Level. But there are many Projects going on in one State. I made each Project as a Sales Office. Beco's from each Project they bill to the Customer. Now Customer is one, in one State(like Assam) to whom they bill for three Projects running in that same State(Assam). However the clients requirement is that billing is to be done at project level not at state level.Now I have one customer who has to be billed from 3 different projects, however the sales area for the customer is same for all 3 projects.what should I do?how to map the scenario.

2.Another problem is that one customer has to be billed from 2 different states (becoz 2 different projects are going on in 2 different states , but the customer is same for both the projects) .keeping in mind that plant are at state level and the sales area for the customer is same.

So, according to that I cann't make Reports on Sales Office basis.

Raja, If I will not put Plant in CMR, then my client's user has to put Plant in Sales Order manually everytime. Is it ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veneet,

Create one customer only. Extend it to your required Sales Area.

Now As your Sales office is project wise. And as per your example that customer is related to three project and three sales office right?

My suggetion is While creating Customer Master Dont Enter Plant, and Sales office.

Now lets say you want to bill customer for Project 1,

So do the sales process by entering the Plant and Sales office manually as per your requirement.

For all three do this. So in LIS you can get the required report also.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja....

Now I understood, that I have to Create One Customer only & Extend it to diff Sales Area.

Don't need to assign Plant & Sales Office into CMR. Directly in Sales Order manually select the required Plant & Sales Office. And by this I can also Generate Reports on Sales Office (i.e. Project Location) wise.

Only I think i need to put Sales office, Plant & Sales Group in Incompletion Log, so that without filling these fields in SO, it should not go ahead for Dlv or billing. Right....?

Raja, here for Condition Record, the access sequence for the condition types I have taken are:

1. VAT -- Country/Region/Dlv. Plant Region

2.Service Tax -- Country/Tax Class1-Customer/Tax Class-Material

Now, if one X customer is stting in one state (i.e. Plant) and we need to bill for one Project running in another state to that X customer, then if it is a Services that need to bill, then Service Tax will be the same. And if it is a Physical Materials that need to bill, then I think inspite of VAT, CST need to apply.

What u say...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veneet,

Yes for both Part, You Are right.

Put SO, and required entry in incompletion log.

And for inter state sales yes you have to also apply CST as rates fixed.

Thanks,

Raja