Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

differences between CRM and R/3 authroizaitons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to CRM Authroizaiton , I am bit confusion to understand the authroization differences between CRM & R/3,

I would be very thankful if anybody can provide the details.

I am sorry if I have posted in wrong thread.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're in the right forum (it should be) but this is a very general question. Can you explain a bit about where you got confused?

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're in the right forum (it should be) but this is a very general question. Can you explain a bit about where you got confused?

0 Kudos

Hi

There are authroization object differences between SAP R/3 and BW due to OLTP and OLAP..

But where as in CRM are there any differences like that?

I have went through the SAP seucurity guide which is there in Service.sap.com..but there is no details about SAP common roles & Authorizaitons....

It has made me mad when I read that...

Please help me.

0 Kudos

Hi,

With CRM there is also a whole new concept of authorizations based on Organisational Units and with ACE (Access Control Engine)

[CRM Access Control Engine|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/b8/bfe252051048e2bcbdc9129ab5f95b/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Olivier