Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection option in infopscksge for Export data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Gurus,

We have created an export datasource

while loading data we want to restrict the selection in the Data selection tab.

how can we achieve this?

thanks in advance...

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

try rsa1->settings->display generated objects->choose option show generated ods objects.

and rsa1->infosource->find your 8[infoprovider name],

you will see an infosource with bw myself assigned, right click it and 'create infopackage',

here you should be able to see the selection.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup.. my mistake over there..

It is perfectly posible with 'new' creation of infopack with the above procedure..

cheers,

Hari

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there someone who can provide me with some example coding on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Jos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry friends

We cannot give selection while loading init or delta using data marts, even the transfer rules are also disabled to make check mark...

we can use selection only for ful upload...

thanks for your reply

regards

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I'm facing the same 'problem', it is indeed not possible with a init or a delta load between datamarts. How did you solve this? Did you use a start routine or update routine? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards

Jos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh Bhai,

As you said for initial or delta upload selection not possible. But if u still want selection then it's better to write some code at start routine of u r update rules and restrict.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Try this. Goto RSA1 -> Your export data infosource <8***> -> DataStructure/Transfer Structure and enable selection for the fields you need.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I think You can do this. In data mart infopackage you will get all the fields for selection. If you are not able to give any selection(grayed out), create your own info package(By default system creates 2 infopackages) and you can give the selection.

Hope this Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

I think for 'export' data marts.. we can not restrict in Infopackage data selection.. try in the in the update rule start routines..

regards,

Hari