cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In JDBC adapter, is it possible to assign values to the "Database Connection" fields dynamically?

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dynamic configuration not available for JDBC:(......regarding connection parameters

Refer this thread to know where dynamic configuration is applicabel:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/43/0a7d1be4e622f3e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Apr 24, 2009 11:22 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not possible because ur not having adapter specific messge parameters in the comminication channel that is why u cannot access in the UDF using DynamicConfiguration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer

Edited by: sameer Khanna on Apr 24, 2009 9:23 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its not possible, but if you written any UDF to perform DB LookUps at that time its possible to set dynamically, i worked on one scenario where i wrttien udf to perform DB LookUp,based on input parameters DB Coonection details will change, i maintain all the details in property file based on variable it retires the DB Details.

please let me know the requirement.

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

My requirement is based on the input i need to select a databases. My receiver system will have differnet databases. For E.g., If the input carries a value 'X', i want to establish a connection to "Database X" or else "Database Y".

Is it possible to do? And can you also explain more on how you have done?

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you need dynamic configuration for this..

Jus configure receiver determination with the proper condition and your message will be routed to proper receiver.

you will need two receiver agreements, two CCs, interface determinations..hope that i am guessing it right

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. As you said it can be done using conditions in Receiver determination, two different comm channels, two receiver agreements. But for understanding i said two databases, but in real scenario it will be more in numbers. In such cases i need to create many comm channels and receiver agreements for each of them. Thats why i have asked for dynamic configuration so that i can use only one CC.

Let me know your views....

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but in real scenario it will be more in numbers. In such cases i need to create 
many comm channels and receiver agreements for each of them.

then it is a problem.....may be Raja can help both of us here:)

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not feasible currently in XI...........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta