cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on variant configuration scenario. I just want to know what is the use of variant table and in which case i can use it?

I am working on a PC manufaturing scenario.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Laxminath,

You can use the variant table in the dependencies.

For example if you take a constraint which restricts the Values of the characteristcis

Syntax would be

in the restriction area

Table V_Table ( V_Table is the name of the Varaint table )

Char 1 = Char 1,

Char2 = Char2

inference

Char1,

char2

Means here It restricts to the cominations you have maintained in the Variant table

Char1 of the left side indicates the CT04 values and Char1 of the right indicates the class values.

it takes a value from the char1 and it linits the values of char2 in the same line of the table .

Char1 char2

A;B 1;2;3

C;D 2;6;5

In configuration screen if you enter A against Char1 , char 2 will be restricted to 1;2;3.

similarly you can use these variant tables in Selection conditions and procedures to select the BOM components and operations also.

If you have any more clarifications needed pls contact.

Thanks

Ankaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

My problem is that how to create constraints? What is the t-code as in create dependency only 4 types of dependancies come but not constraint.

I already created a table and stored chars.

Also maintained CU60,

Now i created char. RAM,MONITOR,HDISC

wHAT CONSTRAINT I WANT IS IF HDISC(which is key field) is selected other two char. must be selected according to char.values i maintained in CU60,say (RAM512MB,MONITOR16'',120GB HDISC)

pL.suggest how to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Constraint can be Created as Group of Constarints Called Dependency net Tcode CU21.

In this Net You Can create Constraint.

For This Pre-Requisite is Chars which are using must be in Class 300.

Syntax is as Follows.

Objects:

P IS_A(300) CLASS_COMPUTER

( it means P is object reference to the class CLASS_COMPUTER)

Restrictions:

TABLE VT_TABLE

( CHAR_1 = CHAR1,

CHAR_2 = CHAR2)

(note: left hand side are refer to Variant Table and right hand side which chars you are restricting to class)

Inferences:

P.CHAR1,

P.CHAR2

From above Constraint

Suppose Variant table looks as

CHAR1 CHAR2

1;2 A:B

3;4 C;D

Then In CU50 screen

when you select CHAR1 as 1 ,for CHAR2 values A and B are available for selection i.e.,restrictcted to A&B.

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: praveen on Apr 24, 2009 11:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

i gone to CU21 entered the dependency net and description but here how will create constraint can you pl. elaborate on that.

I am getting assignment option but here it is asking for created dependecies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There You give constraint name(creation) and press enter pop-up will come for creatin of new dependency(constraint) allow it. then go to Dependency editor screen . there you write the constairnt as I mentioned syntax in my previous post.

and Save it.Like this you can create no of constraints under same net .this Dep.net be assigned to config profile (Tcode Cu41).

Do this and come back

Regrds

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

i REACHED TO CREATE CONSTRAINT. Now pl. clarify me what is the object , is it my configurable material? or i need to do any customization .

I took my configurable material as a object and tried to write the syntex but getting error

My material is 2467 and class is 2467

My char. in table is RAM AND MONITOR .

kINDLY help me in writing syntex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Object Reference is any of the alphabet / name..(ex a,b,p,R...) in below syntax I'm taking it as P

Here is the Syntax

OBJECTS:

P IS_A(300) 2467 (it is your class)

RESTRICTIONS:

TABLE TABLE_NAME

(RAM = P.RAM,

MONITOR = P.MONITOR)

INFERENCES:

P.RAM,

P.MONITOR

Before Char 'P. ' is used it means that char is belongs to the class which mention in OBJECT

NOTE: CHARs should be restrictable( make this in CT04) to write a constraint.

Hope this may clear you

Regrds

Praveen

Edited by: praveen on Apr 24, 2009 1:43 PM

Edited by: praveen on Apr 24, 2009 1:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thankyou very much for your valuable guidance to resolve my problem.

Regards

Laxmikanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tables are used to store combinations of values for different characteristics.

Tables are an aid to entry for dependencies. You enter the table in a dependency. The system uses the table to infer and check values. If the interdependencies between characteristics change, you change the table, not the dependencies.

You can use the tables in following Depebndencies

1.selection conditions,

2.preconditions,

3.actions,

4.procedures,

5. constraints.

In actions, procedures, and constraints, you can use tables to infer values.

In constraints, you can use tables to restrict the allowed values for a characteristic.

The characteristics of the table are compared with the characteristics of the class in dependencies

you can link this tables to Databasr tables also

Former Member
0 Kudos

THis link contains everything you need...

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58c5b3417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/content.htm]

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created the variant table and maintained the combination of values in CU60(TABLE maintenance)

Now pl. tell how to enter this table in dependancies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It Can be Used Any of the dependencies as per our members told. what is your scenario.

In brief.

If you want to

1) Restrict the values use Constriant/Precondition

2) For Selection of BOM Components and Operations -Procedures or Selection Condition.

Regards

Praveen