cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a sales order. And entered the PO number in the PO number field. (Test PO)

then i carried out delivery and billing.

Then i created a returns order with reference to the billing document. The return order was delivered and billing document was created,

In my return billing document header, there are two fields, 'Assignment' and 'reference'.

I want the 'Reference' field to have the PO number i entered in my initial order. (Test PO)

Currently, the PO number appears in 'Assignment' field, and 'Reference' field is populated with the return billing no.

Is this some thing to do with copy controls?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VTFA, select your return order type and credit note type and click on magnigying lens on top left. There you can see these two fields, viz Assignment Number and Reference Number. Maintain "A" for these fields.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,,

Thank you for the feedack.

Copy controls are not maintained for sales order and invoice for return.

Return invoice is created after return delivery and PGI.

Please advice.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Kase

Mr.Lakshmipathi is correct.

Beside this, *Credit memo for Return(RE) is ALWAYS created from the Return order in standard SAP settings and NOT from the Return Delivery.

.*In your organisation, if it is not followed,then a copy control must have been created from the Return Delivery to Credit for Return(RE).

In that case, go to VTFL ,and Header level, you will find the field "Assignment number" and "Ref number".

If the standard is followed, then proceed as below.

In VTFA (Sales doc type to Billing doc type) ,choose the combination

RE( Credit for Return) from Return order (RE).

At Header level, you will find "Assignment number" and "Reference number".

Here you can specify, the number which you require by choosing from the drop down value.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you can go to the customer master > Company Code Data > Account Management. look for the "sort key" field. in the drop down, select '010' which is for the PO number.

however, test this in your system if this is successful. i have seen a few bugs in some scenarios that what you select might not tally with what is actually transferred ( i suspect the description of the sort keys were tampered).

regards.