cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy DC from one Track to Another Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have custom DC which is exist on Track-1 and i wanted to move that DC to Track-2.

I have tried some option but i could not achieve it. IS there any better way to do this.

Please let me know.

I have followed this wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/jdi/stepbyStepguidetoMoveaDCfromoneSCtoanother&focusedCommentId=40927682

I could not achieve it.

Thanks in Advance

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You need to Copy Src floder from navigation prespective and past it under your new dc,

steps:

Delete the name space reservation in the SLD of your DC, so that you can create the Same DC uncer new track with same name

because this scenario will work only for the case where we need to have the same exact name and all exact

create a new DC under new track with the same name

add the depedency DC's under DC meteData -> dc defination -> used DC's

go to navigator prespective and copy the SRC folder from your old track DC and paste the same in the new Dc under new track

go to webdynpro prespective and - repair the new dc's project architecture

reload and rebuild the new dc,

Build and deployee;

Note: you can not copy the dependencies, that's y we are adding manually before copying the src folder

i am sure that, this will work fine, but check manually all the components and dependency are available

cheers,

Apparao

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

best way is to create a new DC in track B and copy the component from Track 1 DC to track 2 DC. This can easily be done in a very short time.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this links,

/people/helmut.tammen2/blog/2006/01/30/how-to-migrate-a-dc-to-a-new-sc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/07/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Regards,

sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

please refer this thread

/people/helmut.tammen2/blog/2006/01/30/how-to-migrate-a-dc-to-a-new-sc

and You can use SAP-Note 888969 or the DC command line tool.

Thanks

Abhilasha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I think the best option is create a new component and copy the source files from COMPA to COMPB. I did not see any other better option.

Thanks

Krish