cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help: SAP B1 [Edit Print Layout] with [system variable]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help with SAP 2007 Bussiness One's system-variable for the "Edit Print Layout" of the 'AP CHECK'.

I have a label field that needs to to be able to dynamcially display data from the Database

depending on the datatype.

Here is my situation:

My "AP CHECK" have line-items and each line-item can either be a [Credit-Memo] or [Invoice].

I need to know how I can display each line-item data using one label field (variable)

Many Thanks,

Tim L.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

You will need to use 2 formula field to evaluate the document type and have 2 text field and link them to each formular. When the formula returns true the related Text would be displayed

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda, Thank you for your prompt response.

I am new at working with SAP. Could you give me an exmaple or give me a link to an example for the syntax to testing for "Data type"?

In my case the data-type is whether the the "data" is from a [Credit-Memo] document or an [Invoice]. ANd based on that, I will have to display that document's date.

Many thanks ahead,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out how to figure the DataType for the mentioned document-types, thanks to a colleague at work.

SAP uses a field called "ObjType" to define a document type.

In my case, the AP Credit-Memo is ObjType = 14 and the AP invoice ObjType = 18.

Now I can use what Suda had suggested, use two formulas to conditionally set the two Text Field data to be "visible" based on the ObjType.

Hope this can jelp other and Thanks for the suggestions.

Tim L.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this thread for conditional fields:

Thanks,

Gordon