SAP knowledge base objects
what are SAP knowledge base objects. why do we use them and what are the transactions used for that.
karthick PP replied
If you have a configurable product in R/3 system and you want to download the configuration in CRM you have to create a KB and its Runtime version. You can download the KB to CRM via MW with the help of the adaptor object SCE. Configration will come to CRM and stores it in IPC so you need to have up and runnign IPC in order to see the configuration of a product in CRM.
Knowledgebase - Related R/3 transactions are CU31/CU34 etc...
How to create a KB:
Use transaction CU31 to create the knowledge base.
- Select a name for the knowledge base object, for example the
material number, and choose ENTER.
- Select a description and set the status to 'Release'.
- Select 'Profile' to go to the knowledge base profile.
- Select a name and a description again.
- Save the knowledge base.
- Use transaction CU34 to create the runtime version.
- Enter the knowledge base and assign a version number, for example 1.
- Fill the 'Status', 'Plant' and 'BOM application' fields.
- Then choose 'Generate & save'.
- Use transaction CU36 to export the knowledge base.
- Fill the 'Knowledge base object' and 'Runtime version' fields with
the data to be exported. Then choose ENTER.
- On the next screen, choose 'Download'
- Choose ENTER to confirm any dialog boxes that may appear.
*MW-middleware in CRM
*SCE-sales configuration engine...