Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which mapping is the best alternative?

former_member200572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks.

I need to make a complex mapping which graphical mapping is not enough.

My doubt is what mapping (xlst, java, abap, abap-xlst) is better to process a medium volume. It means that it is not huge as a master data but is not short as a simple transaction data.

Should I use an ABAP Proxy as an alternative mapping to process these messages because of performance? How one of systems in my landscape is an ABAP instance, I think it would be possible....

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

As far as mapping is concerned.The type pf mapping is decided based on the requirement.

1. For large volume of data Proxies are really helpful with same Graphical mapping.

2.If the structure is complex with more number of hierarchical levels are involved Better go for JAVA mapping (DOM and SAX) Java provides Good Interfaces to parse the XML structures.More over they directly get exectured on the j2ee engine .In which case Graphical mapping has to convert the Mapping into JAVA code internally additional task.So JAVA mapping is better.

3.IF the functions that are available in Graphical environment could not help us in mapping.Then XSLT is better as it comes with more number of functions .But its nor recommended.

4.ABAP mapping also good.

Summarizing all the above points .Most of the times Graphical mapping it self serve our purpose in terms of mapping complexity and volume of data.

Please refer the following link for more on mapping.

All the best,

Ram.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200572
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for everyone! It was helpful for me.

I've decided use GlobalContainer to solve my problem and it works fine!

Now my doubt is about performance. Someone know how is the mapping performance using GlobalContainer? The user-defined with GlobalContainer object is very simple.

Thanks in advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafel,

If you use GlobalContainer, obviously your performance is increased. Because if you dont use this then if there are 100 calls, then 100 times it should execute. So with Global Container you are eliminating this. Also your performance all depends upon how complex you did the mapping and how fast it is executing.

Best thing would be send 10, 25, 50,100 idocs if it is a idoc scenario and see how much time it takes in moni. If not idocs, then test accordingly. So you can yourself analyse the results and make a decision.

Regards,

---Satish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my experiece i identified that transforming medium size documents JAVA Mapping and XSLT Mapping will give good peformance.

performace point of View GUI Good then JAVA then XSLT finally ABAP Mapping

1) GUI Mapping

2)JAVA MApping

3)XSLT Mapping.

But you have to folow some GOOD Coding standards when you are writing JAVA or XSLT.

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Find below piece of information from help.sap.com

Comparing Mapping Program Types
SAP recommends that you use message mappings. However, in exceptional cases it may be advisable to use different mapping programs, for example, because you can apply XSLT or Java mapping programs from a previous integration project.
Note the following regarding the speed at which the mapping program types are executed:
u25CF     Handwritten Java programs by experienced Java developers are usually quicker than generated Java source code from message mappings.
u25CF     Message mappings can cope with significantly larger messages than XSLT. Whether an XSLT program or a message mapping is quicker depends on the complexity of the mapping. Tests have shown that even message mappings for larger messages are quicker than the equivalent XSLT mapping programs.
u25CF     Experience has also shown that Java-based mapping programs are quicker than ABAP-based mapping programs.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In terms of performance, I still think ABAP mapping is better, as the integration engine is in the ABAP stack and it does not have to do JCo call to do the mapping.

This is NOT true though if you are using local adapter engine processing, as it does not go to ABAP stack at all. For that situation, I think Java mapping will be the best in terms of performance.

I personally like to use java XSLT as it's easier to debug and see the result. However in terms of performance, It may not be as good as Java or ABAP mapping.

Regards,

Lim...

Edited by: Ruslim Chang on Apr 24, 2009 4:23 AM