Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do a lookup on the file name specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem when transfer file to IBM AS400 system. This is the scenarie:

1) PI take the file

2) I have a JavaMapping(change the filename to long 8 with 3)

3) I use "create a temporary file"

4) The file is create in target, but this have the name "XI_FTP_2.TMP"

5) Finally, the receiver comunication channel launch the error : "Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP...(the number of FTP server is erased for publicated here) 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unable to do a lookup on the file name specified.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor"

I check the permissions of user, directories and file.

In the log of communication channel the error say :(the number of FTP server is erased for publicated here)

2009-04-23 20:26:52 Information Write to ftp server "xx...", directory "C:\AAA_BBB", -> file "00010420.888".

2009-04-23 20:26:52 Information Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 8302 bytes, encoding -.

2009-04-23 20:26:53 Error File processing failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unable to do a lookup on the file name specified.

I apreciate your help!

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

The problem would be on the FTP server

1. Check the Logon credentials for the FTP that you are pinging in communication chanel.

2. Check the maximum number of connections allowed for that FTP .May be in your case the conncetion number has exceeded the limit.in this case it has nothing to do with file read write acess permissions.

Thanks,

Ram.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

The connections is active, we test put/get/rename file from command line and this works, i have permissions.

We check the Logon credentials for the FTP.

I will check the maximun number of connection in FTP Server.

I wait for new ideas for resolve this problem.

Thanks for you cooperation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP...(the number of FTP server is erased for publicated here) 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unable to do a lookup on the file name specified.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor"

You don't have permission for that function (Unable to do a lookup on the file name specified.)

<h5>Also Make sure that you have an active connection</h5>

<h5>550 code meaningRequested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access). </h5>