cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not reached ftp : How to handle the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing idoc-file scenario. I need to place file on ftp server. Now if i give incorrect ftp details, the error canot be seen in SXI_MONITOR but in Adapterframework i can see the error.

Can someone please let me know how this exception can be handled. I need to send mail notification notifying such errors.

Thanks & Regards

Vani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use alerts in case of errors. To set up alerts for monitoring refer to following weblogs.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

Thanks,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

XI has 2 basic engines, the Integration Engine and Adapter Engine running inside the J2EE engine.

The reason that you can see the error in Adapter but not in SXMB_MONI is that the processing of your Integration Engine has no errors in it.

But, when the Adapter is trying to post the file into the Destination System, it errors out and so, the error in the Adapter Framework.

Errors in the Adapter Engine can also be used to trigger alerts and send email.

To create Alerts, Alert Rule, just check this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

It will help you in doing your entire Alert Configuration.

Next,from SP14 onwards, activation of end to end monitoring is not needed for Alerting. Refer to this note 870232 for this info.

Next, to test if your Alerts have been defined correctly, go to SE38. In the program , type RSALERTTEST and then click on EXECUTE button ( F8 ). In the next window, it will ask you for your ALERTCATEGORY. Just give the name of your ALERT CATEGORY and click EXECUTE.

If you have configured your alerts correctly, you will receive a message that tells ALERT IS GENERATED and will give the ALERT ID.

Now, go to your Run TIme workbench and then select ALERT INBOX and see if you have got the ALERT message in your ALERT INBOX.

If this is working fine, then the last step, implement the note 913858.

If you are below SP14, also check this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards,

Bhavesh