cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue, where when you right click on an excel spreadsheet only the standard excel functions appear and not the BPC functions (ie refresh range). This seems to only happen on certain spreadsheets and I cannot figure out why.

The reason I am asking is because sometime it is easier to just refresh a certain part of my spreadsheet rather than the entire thing.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

As Anila said you should be able to see the BPC options whenever u right click.;)

Ensure that the BPC connectivity exists.

Moreover, everytime you refresh, the entire worksheet gets refreshed. Eventhough you do an partial select you will not be able refresh apart of the worksheet.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am connected to BPC as I can refresh via the refresh button. Also, you are able to refresh just a selected range if you select the range and choose the refresh range when you right click. This is useful as we have some reports that are large and using the refresh range to only refresh a portion of the report is faster than doing a refresh of the entire spreadsheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Its not possible to refresh a part of an evdre report,whenever u right click and give refresh range the entire worksheet gets refreshed.And one thing you can do is you can give the memberset as "self" instead of bas,dep and all when u does want to refresh that dimension,so that it will increase the performance.

Regards,

Anila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anila,

It is not an EVDRE report. The report i am referring to is using evgets. When using evgets, it is possible to refresh a partial range of the evget. In any case, this does not answer my original question. As to why the BPC functions do not appear when I right the spreadsheet.

Thank you,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please define the version of BPC and Excel client for the forum to evaluate and respond to the behavior you have been experiencing. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Excel 2003 and BPC 5.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We're having the same issue where certain people do not have the full BPC options availalbe in the Right Click Menu. The users security is identical and this issue does not occur for other users. Any idea why the right click menu would be different from one person to another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I don't face a problem which u said..

The excel sheets will show the BPC function when u right click.

Regards,

Anila