Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module Specific Transaction codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All - Is there a way I can display all transactions codes module specific, like FI, MM, SD,...

We have ancient display role which have about 400 transaction codes, i want to break these role module spcecific display like

FI Display

SD Display

Can you suggest me a way I list all sap tcodes module specific.

Thanks

AJ.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

from my point of view, there is not such a list as Tcodes are often cross module or used in different ones. You should rather try to seperate your Tcodes and Roles along your business processes / departments as they normally form the base for your roles.

Something like

- Base Authorization (e.g. Su53)

- Procurement Process Display ( e.g.Display Stocks )

- Procurement Process Create (Create Purchase Orders for XYZ)

- Procurement Process Critical (Approve High Value Payment)

Kind regards,

R.

0 Kudos

Hello RH - We have all the roles setup in the fashion you identified, only issue is with display role which is used across board for all streams which has a long list of tcodes.

Above role goes to every user that means, an end user can display about 500 tcodes. My thought was I will break this role specific to stream this scenario is only for display only we have all other roles setup perfect.

Thanks,

AJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a good idea to separate the display role based on module wise. However, providing all transactions in a module to create a display role will not work or restrict well. For example, in SD we have VA01(SALES ORDER CREATION),VA02(SALES ORDER change),VA03(SALES ORDER display). The display role should contain only the display transactions and should exclude VA01,VA02.

The simple way is to ask the business process owners to provide list of such a transactions. Hardly you will get 20 to 30 transactions in each module role.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Thank you Sir!

I will try to walk that route, I dont think I will go a long way.

Thanks all for suggestions.

0 Kudos

Other wayout is give all Trx in TCD (as*) and mentain authorization restriction as display under specified Object.

On object level you can find object belonging to specific class to related to modules -su21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to PFCG

Enter your new role name

Menu

Under copy menu

Select

From the SAP menu

Select which SAP module you want

And change all the activity to 03

Generate and assign to user

You can fulfill the requirement close to but not 100%

0 Kudos

there is no easy way to give display all in SAP as it was never intended to be used that way.

best pratices, collect all display trx from the enduser roles and create a display role per module from there!