cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management: Early Warning Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Does anyone have experience with the Early Warning report (FCV3) in Credit Management?

Apparently, for that report to work, the creation of A/R summary must be activated in config (Preliminary Settings in FI-AR-CM).

I have done that and the report is working fine. However the A/R summary (table KNKKF1) is not automatically kept updated by the system as and when transactions occur.

It seems that the program RFCMCRCV needs to be executed to update the A/R Summary with the recent transactions.

I guess I am going to have to schedule that program to run on a nightly basis.

I am not sure if my understanding is correct on all this. Note sure if I am missing something.

If anyones has dealt with this before, please advise.

Thanks,

Anisha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, anisha.

is the AR summary you are referring to in t-code FD32? if my understanding is correct, then this summary is not automatically updated by design. this summary is intended for use with distributed credit management systems.

what this means is that credit management may be conducted for transactions in other systems, and the information is transferred to the central system where the credit account master data are maintained. after the info is uploaded, program RFCMCRCV is run to update the summary.

if you do not use distributed systems, its best to de-activate the summary in IMG.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

We are not using distributed credit management... however we do want to use the Early Warning Report... and that report apparently relies on the A/R summary to be in place. Hence our need to update KNKKF1 (even though ours is centralized credit management).

Anisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, anisha.

actually, we also use the early warning report even if we do not have a distributed credit management system, too. : )

you are correct in scheduling the update in the background. SAP documentation recommends you run the program for a batch of customer credit accounts as this program takes up a lot of system resources.

in one of our projects, where there are about 12,000 customers, we run the program for 500 customers at a time. we do not update all customer data everyday, perhaps updating these once a week we find to be more practical (customers on the average order and pay only once a week anyway). for bigger customers with daily transactions, we could update more often.

we have not tried running for more than this number, and we also are not sure if the volume of past transactions affect run time (i'm sure it does). but a lot of the efficiency also is affected by the hardware you might be using. i believe a BASIS person should be able to help.

warmest regards!!!

: )

Answers (0)