cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Free Goods Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am currently trying the work on Inclusive free goods determination.

Currently if a customer orders 4 items he gets billed only for 3.

So i have setup a condition as:

Material/Min q/from/unit/are free goods/unit for free good/calc. rule/free goods category/FGDelvCond/

Mat.A/--1/4/-EA/

/

EA

/
2---/

/ -
blank
/

I have 2 questions:

1) when i keep the free goods category as 1 - (inclusive with item generation), another item getss added with item category tann. this seems quite logical. But when I keep it as 3 - (inclusive rebate without item generation: only for sales). In this case no item is added & also all the 4 items are priced.

Can anyone explain what is the result of using free goods category = 3, & when is it used.

(Note: the pricing procedure is having R100 with req=55,Bastyp=28)

2) I wanted to know if what i think is correct. the item category determination for free goods is happening due to the following assignment present in the system:

Order typ/Itm Cat. Grp/Usage/H.Lvl. Itm Cat./Default. Itm. cat

-OR/NORM/-blank-/--blank--/TAN--

/

-OR/NORM/-blank-/--TAN--/--TANN--

/

Finally my actual motive is to use free goods determination for a configurable item. So does the same concept apply for configurable items(0002 - item cat grp & item category - TAC) ?

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose for e.g take a pen if it is priced Rs 10 and if you apply Free for that take10%

Exclusive means 10 +1 free

means in your sales order ther will be 2 line items one with TAN for 10 units and another one with TANN with one unit

first it will be 10 qty which will be priced each Rs 10 and total will be 100

second will be 1 qty which is free

By paying Rs 100 we will get 11 pieces here

Inclusive means 9 + 1free ( free item is included in the order qty)

means in your sales order ther will be 2 line items first it will be 9 qty which will be priced each Rs 10 and total will be 90 second will be 1 qty which is free

In both these cases there will be two line items will get generated in sales document

first will be chargeable item with item category TAN

The second will be item category TANN

By paying Rs 90 we will get 10 pieces here

Both this inclusive and exclusive are picked by R100 condition type

Now coming to NARB

Means free goods inclusive without item generation

Means in your sales order there will be only 1 items with qty 10 the free goode cost will be distributed among the whole of qty 10

Means the order value will be RS 90 only

There will not be any extra item generated with TANN

Here also by paying Rs 90 we will get 10 pieces

But there will be only one line item in sales order

Ultimately inclusive and inclusive without item generation the nett effect is the same_Hope this answers your point_

For first two cases we use condition type R 100 with requirement 55 and alternate base value 28

Inclusive and exclusive are picked by R100

For the third case we use condition type NRAB with requirement 59 and alternate base value 29

Inclusive without item generation is picked by NRAB

The basic difference between R100 (inclusive or exclusive) and NRAB (inclusive without item generation) is with R100 you will find 2 line items in a sales order TAN and TANN and with NRAB you will find only one line item in sales order that is TAN and there wont be TANN

While creating condition record in VBN1 there is a control on left top which tells inclusive or exclusive

Actually you have to choose exclusive here to do NRAB

In the line item while creating condition records you need to specify whether inclusive/exclusive/inclusive without item generation at a column

Here you need to specify inclusive without item generation

Actually what you specify here that is in the line item inclusive or exclusive or inclusive without item generation takes the control in the sales order

If in the left top if it is exclusive you have to choose inclusive or inclusive without item generation in the line item

If in the left top if it is inclusive you have to choose exclusive in the line item

If you understand and practise the concept will be clear to you

I have tried to explain you to the best of my ability and if you reply after understanding this will give a lot of satisfaction to me

For your qn no 2

One way of determining free goods is thro item cat determination as you mentioned

Another way is thro maintaining condition records in VBN1 and doing the entire free goods customization in spro

Constraints in free goods in R3 taken from SAP library

Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio. This means that an order item can lead to a free goods item. Agreements in the following form are not supported: u2018With material 1, material 2 and material 3 are free of chargeu2018 or u2018If material 1 and material 2 are ordered at the same time, then material 3 is free of chargeu2018.

Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion).

Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category C (for example, not quotations).

Free goods are not supported for deliveries without reference to a sales order.

Free goods cannot be used in make-to-order production, third-party order processing and scheduling agreements.

If you defined a free goods for variants in a generic article (only SAP Retail), you can only process the variants in the purchase order and goods receipt individually (as single articles). In other words, you cannot process them using the generic article matrix.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I have gone thru what u mentioned. Well I did not know about NRAB being used for inclusive without item generation, so as to discount the price of one item. Its perfectly working for standard items.

So that solves & explains me all the types of free good possible.

I have another question.

I maintained condition record for free goods in "inclusive with item generation" & "Exclusive" & in either case there is a line item with item category ZTNN (free-good) in the sales order. Now as u mentioned that R100 captures both these cases.

I did not quite get this statement, as thought i had maintained R100 in my pricing procedure, I couldnt understand its use as it was not determined in the condition tab of the sales order which has a free good(in both the above mentioned types of free goods). ?

I tested the inclusive without item generation using NRAB and works perfectly.

Finally as u sent me the conditions in which i cant use free-goods. I tried applying the same for a configurable item. Now "inclusive with item generation" & "exclusive" doesnt work for it as it is unable to create another line item of a configurable material in the sales order. However fortunately inclusive without item generation is working fine as it includes just applying a discount of price=1 item using NRAB. You can test it if you find it interesting.

Thanks a Lot !!!

Vinit

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinit

Thank you for updating the knowledge on free goods can be used in configurable BOM materials with condition type NRAB

Thanks

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ?