Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA dilemma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW friends,

I have a PCA-related problem:

I need to report planned and actual values on material group (attribute on 0MATERIAL).

In R/3 field "representative material" I have the planned values. This is transported to BW using data source 0EC_PCA_1.

In R/3 field "material" I have the actual values. This is transported to BW using data source 0EC_PCA_3.

I guess that I need to use both of these data sources in order to be able to report on both actual and planned values?

Also, I somehow need to direct both representative material and material into info object 0MATERIAL (since material group is an attribute of this one).

How would you solve this?

I'd be really thankful for some input...

BR,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

The datasource 0EC_PCA_1 contains summary records for Plan as well as actuals. So if you have the actual values with the material assignment in "representative material" field you may not need to pull the data from 0EC_PCA_3.

You could check the data in RSA3 to validate the same.

As such 0EC_PCA_3 is a line item level datasource and has a lot of information with, so if you still need any other fields you can still consider using it.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your reply!

But 0EC_PCA_1 only provides the representative material field, and not the material field.

In R/3 the actual postings are performed incl. material field and the planned postings are performed incl. represenative material field.

This means I'm missing the actual postings performed on material, because it's not in the extractor (RSA3)...

How would you go on here? Could an ABAP in R/3 vopying the material number into the representative material field be the soultion?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

If the datasource 0EC_PCA_1 does not provide material for the actual postings then what is fetched for this field as the help document mentions that it should be material, as I understand.

<i>How would you go on here? Could an ABAP in R/3 vopying the material number into the representative material field be the soultion?</i>

You could always look at the option of enhancing the datasource and populating a custom field with material, as wouldn't suggest copying that to the field being used in the standard extractor. Its always best to use a custom field for enhancements.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I need to add field MATNR to the extract structure for data source 0EC_PCA_1 (ISPCACST) in order to be able to report on material number. But how should the user exit for this be written?

I know that the original table for actual PCA postings is GLPCA and the plan postings are in table GLPCP. All postings end up in table GLPCT (aggregated per period) and then function module ECPCA_BIW_GET_DATA reads this and populates structure ISPCACST. Am I right?

But how do I write the user exit code so that MATNR is added and populated in ISPCACST? Which is the source table to use? I would have guessed on GLPCT (since this seems to be used for 0EC_PCA_1) but I can't find MATNR in this one.

How come ds 0EC_PCA_3, which uses the same function module for extraction, and thereby reads from the same source table: GLPCT, includes MATNR?

Please explain the logic of this and I'll be eternally greatful! :-)..

Best regards,

Fredrik