Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-system functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have interesting request to implement cross-system functionality. As an example I specify HELP functionality. This functionality is at disposal over the system (cross-system) either in system menu or by pressing F1 button. I need to implement something simular. For example, I need to activate SHIFT+F1 (just an example) to be active in all transactions and after pressing to do desired functionality. Any ideas how to implement this? Is this ever possible?

Thank you in advance. <<text removed>>

Edited by: Matt on Apr 24, 2009 7:46 AM - Please do not offer points. It is against the rules.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion will be use "Favorites" Create a custom transaction and call the help functionality inside and assigned to "Favorites" . This can be download & upload to different landscape, without much work.

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for reply. Could you please describe it a little bit more? I don't know or I didn't understand how you think it should work. Many thanks ...

0 Kudos

You can use the following function modules to call URL

CALL FUNCTION 'PRGN_GENER_EXECUTE_URL'
  EXPORTING
    NODE_DATA                   = 'http://www.google.com'
*   TARGET_SYSTEM               = ' '
*   LOGICAL_TARGET_SYSTEM       = ' '

or

CALL FUNCTION 'CALL_BROWSER'
    EXPORTING
      url                    = url
    EXCEPTIONS
      frontend_not_supported = 1
      frontend_error         = 2
      prog_not_found         = 3
      no_batch               = 4
      unspecified_error      = 5
      OTHERS                 = 6.

Use these fm in a program and assign a transaction code and use this transaction code in "Favorites"

0 Kudos

Well, I see, but this is not what I really need. With your solution I have these problems:

a) how do I assign a shortcut (for example SHIFT+F1) to launch transaction?

b) in my program and transaction, how do I find out the cursor position to display correct help page (context sensitive help)?

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm!!!

This will be an issue.

I don't find any other way..

1. Create a shortcut to favorites

2. calling search help according their cursor position.

Can you please open a new thread in "Abap General" you may get more results.

PS: Close this thread in here and open a new one in Abap General

0 Kudos

OK, thanks for you effort.