Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count Rows before Excecution of BEx Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if someone could help me in the following matter:

I have a BEx query with a large number of rows / records (sometime about more than 100.000 rows) depending on the selection in the selection screen. I would like to count the number of rows of the selection before excedcuting this query in order to send an error message, so that the user needs to make a new selection with less rows due to the fact that we get short dumps. The problem I have, I cannot find a function module or something else to get the number of the selected rows.

Can anyone help me to solve this????

Best Regards

Abdel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have solved the problem. I have modeled a DSO with all data of all my Cubes and wrote a programm in the User-Exit for reporting variables that counts the selected rows before excecuting the query. A warning message is also programed, when the user choses too much rows.

But thank you for triying to help me.

Best Regards

Abdel

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One way to do this would be to use Query_view_data inside and exit in the query to call the same query and count the number of rows in the output - but this would mean that you actually execute your query twice - once within the exit and once outside it - makes it a performance scary perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey abdel,

Have you solved your issue? If so how?

Thanks