cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expression for default data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to retrieve a file that is in the following format xxxxxxx_xxxxxx.YYYYMMDDHHMISS. I can't retrieve the file with the following sql command in the parameter "Expression for default for data" as

to_char(sysdate,'YYYYMMDDHHMISS') because my command is looking for a file that is transferred at that exact time, down to the second. I could pick up the file if it was named xxxxxxx_xxxxxx.YYYYMMDD and I used the command to_char(sysdate,'YYYYMMDD'). I can't use a wait event to pick up the file, because there is no scheduler associated with this server. When I try to use the wildcard * it cancels with an error and returns the name xxxxxx_xxxxxxx.YYYYMMDD*.

Do you know a command I could use in the "Expression for default for data" that would pick up the file in the following format: xxxxxxx_xxxxxxx.YYYYMMDDHHMISS.

Thanks,

Isaac Bonds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

Thanks for responding. Yes, they send me an actual file name. I used the x's because I didn't want to put the actual file name here. One of the filenames is: employee_t0003129bscd_Employee_20090424112129.txt.

Thanks,

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

Depending on how they send you the filename, you could for instance have the remote party call the jevent executable on one of your servers (or rsno if you have the stand-alone version) to trigger an event in CPS and pass the filename along with it. The job can then pick up the file name from the event details.

Regards,

Anton Goselink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

Well, the wait event obviously is the easiest, then you have the exact file name available from the event, even hours later still. But this does require a scheduler to be installed on that server indeed.

Given you do not use an event, how do you trigger this job now ? Do you use a polling mechanism ?

And what about the other side that is creating the file: can they send you an event or trigger file containing the actual file name that needs to be processed ?

Regards,

Anton Goselink.