cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert to one user logged on at 2 computers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've created a query and an alert which will be sent to myself if there's any result from the query.

If I will log on at 2 computers, will the alert also appears at 2 computers at the customized day and time or at the one which was started at first??

I've tried ofcourse, but the alert will only appears at 1 computer, which was started as second.

Please advise.

Best regards,

Carl Verhagen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try this :

The computer you didn't get alert :

Log off and log back in

Did you get alert this time .If you hitting alert for specific time ,then it will be hard .

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bishal,

But that will not be the option. In the morning 2 pc's will be started with my username and the alert should be seen at both locations if possible. The alert is set at a special time.

Suda say's it should be working on both pc's , Gordon say's it will only be working at the last logged on pc (thats indeed what I already noticed) and your answer looks like Gordon's, but is not workable as you can't log off and log in every time.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Carl

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl,

If you are logged at 2 locations, then I believe you should get it in both locations

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Thanks for your answer, but I only receive the alert at the last logged on computer (to SAP B1). That's what I saw yesterday. See also Gordon's answer.

However that's also something I'm not sure off as of now.

We just logged on (to SAP B1) the 2nd computer but the alert appears at the first logged on computer?

Strange behaviour and not reliable.

I think we just have to watch both computers if an alert appears.

Best regards,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you set the alert fire on the specif time of the day, B1 will only fire the alert for the current user session. In your case, it is the second log on.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your answer.

It's indeed what I already noticed. The second and last logged on computer received the alert.

I'm only confused as I received 3 different answers from not possible to possible

Regards,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you sent this alert to 2 users instead. In this way, this problem will never happen again.