cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High memory webintelligence processing server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why the memory of web intelligence processing server increase considerably when i refresh or schedule a webi document referring to a SAP BW Universe?

How can i to resolve this issue?

Regards

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this was by design as the Webi PRocessing server will process & Churn the data ( records ) fetched by the BEX query .

So larger the data fetch from the BEX query,.. larger the memory utilized by the Webi server.

However it should be a concern if the Webi doesnt release this memory after execution .

0 Kudos

Hi,

@Carlo: Which BOBJ version (incl. FixPacks) are you using?

@Siva: Have you tried to modify related properties of your webi processing server like the following

(BO XI 3.0)

Idle Document Timeout

Cache Timeout

Maximum Document Cache Size

etc.

@BOTH: Abhishek is right. Please consider checking the BEx query you are using in your report. If you are using an SAP BW as data source, please note that the WebI Proc Server will fetch ALL attributes that have been assigned to your report within the WebI query panel even if these attributes are not displayed or really used in your report. Maybe you can save some space by removing data that are not needed.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My BOBJ version is boxi 3.1 without fix pack installed.

Thanks.

Regards

Carlo

0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

there have been some performance improvements in the FixPacks for BO XI 3.1. It may be worth it to upgrade your system and see if your WebI server allocates less memory.

I would still look in the query itself though to see if it is possible to reduce the retrieved data.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

These are the values:

Idle Document Timeout : 300(secs)

Cache Timeout : 4370 (min)

Maximum Document Cache Size: 1000000 kb.

Thanks,

SK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Yes, what you said is right. i am monitoring this problem from past 1 week. when we refresh a report based on Bex Query its consuming lot of disk space. If you come across any work around please let me know. I think its a serious issue(Because every time we refresh a webi report based on Bex query we will be out of disk space very soon). Any one have any idea about this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

SK.

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by out of disk space.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pandey,

Can You Please refer to metrics of Webintelligence processing Server in CMC. So that you can understand what i am talking about.

Thanks,

SK.