cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft.net for BI 7.0 front end

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am intrested in installing the front end for BI 7.0 from the SAP GUI 7.10 core patch 12 and BI 7.0 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.10 patch 900 ( BEx and Analyzer) , as I am not intrested in bw 3.x ( unless I need to have it). I would like to have someone also confirm if I need Microsoft.NET framework for BI front end and if so then what is the current most version needed.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the option to choose whether you want to have BW 3.x components during installation.

Microsoft dotnet component is critical pre-requisite if you want to use 7.10. Microsoft dotnet 2.0 works well with WinXP & 3.0 with Vista. We had issue as there were missing excel 2002 components which caused Analyzer toolbar to be inactive in excel.

Note 1121263 - BEx Analyzer 7.10: Support for Office XP has a fix for it.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Guriq

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Subhash and Guriqbal for your answers and guidance.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Microsoft .Net framework 2 required for BI component.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also can you please confirm if BI 7.0 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.10 patch 900 will give me the new BEX query designer and Analyzer.

Thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Also can you please confirm if BI 7.0 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.10 patch 900 will give me the new BEX query designer and Analyzer.

>

> Thanks

We are using Patch 8 for New Bex Query designer and Analyzer.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess what I am trying to ask is with the BI ADDON I will get my Business Explorer Query designer as well as analyzer. An di dont need to install the BW Add-on then ?

Is there a problem wioth the newer patch

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will get the 3.x Query designer and Bex analyzer with BI Addons with Gui 7.10. But if you want to use the latest Bex analyzer and Query designer you have ti install the BI Addons Patch which is 8 or 9, we are using 8

Regards,

Subhash