cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results analysis Line ID is confusing me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change how RA for sales treats one of our costs. I want to stop any of it going to WIP for 1 particular cost element. To do this, I've changed the config in RA to link the cost element to a different Line ID which doesn't produce WIP.

When I test it, it isn't working. When I look at the result, I can see its got the correct RA Key, but the line ID isn't right.

There doesn't appear to be much information in RA or Settlement to tell me how it dertermined the line ID. Is there any info or reports I can run to see how it got the line ID it did, so I can work out what I've obviously got wrong in the config?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to check OKGB settings (assignment of cost element to Line IDs) to see if the line ID is given under CannotBeCap column. Ensure a separate line for this cost element alone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the comments so far.

On Sridhar's point, we do not have any entries at all in the CannotBeCap column.

Ramesh, I think you may have got me there. The line ID I chose was the wrong category, so I have picked a different 1, and will test if its worked.

I still remain puzzled how it came up with the line ID it did, as it isn't the 1 I configured, nor is it the original 1. I would still appreciate an answer, if there is 1, telling me how I can see how it came up with the line ID it did, this would help me greatly solving any RA problems we may get, if I can see what it used to make its decision?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

When ever you confirm operations, controlling document will be created. The entry will be production order debit and cost center credit. If you analyse the controlling document you can understand which cost center and which activity type is used, there by you can understand the line ID.

Second thing is after calculating WIP and before posting/settlement, you can see the detaials in production order by changing the layout. Go to CO03-costs - analysis . You can select the hidden fields like cost element, origin,Work in process, WIP process unreealized costs like this select all fields related to WIP and save the layout or view the results. There you can find WIP secondary cost elements( what you have updated that means linke between line ID and WIP/WIP reserve) and respective amounts. By analysing you raw materials issues and operations confirmations, you can find how this amount arrived and whether it is correct or not.

But you cannot directly see how the cost accrued in line ID, it is internal in SAP, you can see the costs posted to WIP secondary cost elements via line IDs.

regs,

ramesh b

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

You will define line IDs, most of the time in line with cost compoenent structure.

then you will mask cost elements and assign to respective line IDs( t.code OKG5).

then you will update line IDs with secondary cost elements ( specifically to store the value of WIP) with your result anaysis key for WIP and as well WIP reserve also .

Here for any line ID , if you want to exclude to post in WIP cost element, you have to select category N, then the value accumulated to this LINE ID will not be part of WIP.

Then you will give posting rules to post WIP to your GL accounts.

regs,

ramesh b