cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Management console security via HTTP

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have just started using the HTTP connection to the SAP MMC via port 5<SysNR>13 and have found that you can connect straight to it without it asking for any authentication.

It does ask if you try to shut anything down and you have to be an administrator on the server as well otherwise it won't do anything, however you can freely look at the logs and other information without entering any passwords.

The Help for this new method of connecting just says how to use it and nothing about how to secure it.

Does anyone know of a way to get it to ask for a userid and password when you first connect to it?

Regards

Garry Bayford

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

We couldn't find a way to make the SAPMMC authenticate when you firsat start it but the profile parameter I mentioned above does restrict access to the logs which will have to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this out

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/49/0eb43799b4740ee10000000a421937/content.htm]

0 Kudos

Thanks, but I'm afraid that only really says how to protect the connection.

What I'd prefer is to have the console ask for a userid and password when you first connect to it.

We've found a profile parameter called service/prtoectedwebmethods that might be suitable as it may allow us to protect the individual items in the console itself. Not ideal but better than the current setup.