cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email payment advice notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

Through looking at related threads here, I see I can do this by changing c_finaa-nacha = 'I' in FM SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040. But I see value range for field nacha only have 1--Printout 2 Fax in our system, and don't see the value Iemail. We are far ahead of package 21 for release 4.6C. How can I add value I -- email to that field? Do I need to do configuration in IMG? Thanks.

Meiying

Edited by: Meiying Yang on Apr 23, 2009 5:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please refer sap note 521587

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna on Apr 23, 2009 5:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. I have read those SAP notes. But my question is, my our system, the value range for field NACHA only has two values ( 1 = print, 2= FAX), and don't have value I = email. If I = email is not in the value range, I am worrying about FM would not pick it up. How I can add I = email to the field NACHA value range? Thanks.

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Speak with your netweaver team.

I believe it is done via t code SCOT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mark,

I just asked our Basis, since I don't have authorization of it. Our basis said "scot has nothing to do with that".

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I" will be automatically updated in the structure if the Vendor master has an email address maintained. The include RFFORI06 in the payment program will take care of it. The priority of the communication preference will be as follows:

1. Email

2. Fax

3. Print

Program first checks for email address, if it's there will send an email. If not then it will check for Fax no., sends fax if it finds one and if both are not maintained it will print the Payment Advice.

The Business Transaction Event has to be defined in t-code: BF44 as below:

Process Function Module Product

00002040 Z_PAYMENT_ADVICE_FAX ZFAX

00002050 Z_PAYMENT_ADVICE_EMAIL ZFAX

Also need to make sure that the user profile has his Internet Mail id maintained under Communication in the Address tab (SU3).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ashok,

We haven't had email address maintained in vendor master data yet. Do you know what field do you put the email address in the vendor master data table? And I haven't figured out how to put the email address in the table yet. Thanks.

Meiying

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For standard 00002040 FM, you need to put the email address on the general data tab page of vendor master.

Before, generating the emails, your basis must have configured the SCOT

You can see the mail triggered at SOST transaction code.

In DEV and QAS system, normally the gateway must have been closed due to security reasons. The mails come up to SOST and fail there. But, you can ensure at least the mail is being triggered.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to update the email address of the Vendor in the General Data Address Tab under Communication -> Email

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ashok,

The problem is I don't see field Email in the General Data Address Tab under Communication. Do you think I we missed the configuration in IMG? If yes, can you tell me where I can add this field in IMG? Thanks.

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

The field might be suppressed so you are not seeing it in the Vendor master.

Please check the following config:

SPRO->FA->AR&AP->Vendor Accounts->master records->Preparations for creating vendor master records->Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Vendors)

Select the relevant Vendor Group and double click the Field Status for General Data and then select the details for Communication, make the fields Internet address and Internet mail address as "optional".

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Ashok!

Now it is there. Do you have any idea what table does the vendor master data stores in? I am totally new to this area. Thanks.

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

The Vendor master details are updated in the Tables LFA1 (General selection), LFB1 (Company Code), LFBK (Bank details), LFM1 (Purch Org), LFM2 (Purchasing data), LFZA (Permitted Alternate Payee).

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

Thank you very much for the help!

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ashok,

I manually added an email address to a vendor on the master data screen. But it is not stored into table LFA1. And I don't see field SMTP_ADDR in the table. Is there any other table related to the field in vendor master screen? Thanks.

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table ADR6 might be getting updated with email details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cuma,

But how these two tables are related? how LFA1's vendor number and ADR6 persnumber are related? I mean I changed a vendor's email address in vendor's master data general screen. Then how can I which one I changed in ADR6? Thanks.

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

You are right it's not showing in LFA1. For checking the email address we need to take the address no. (field ADRNR) from the table LFA1 and then input the same in table ADR6 and you can see the email address.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ashok,

I have figured it out yesterday. But sounds like the email is still not triggered. I have entered email to a vendor and saved. And I created a vendor invoice. I copied function SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 to my own and made change c_finaa-nacha = 'I'. And use FIBF registered it according to somebody's instruction in other thread. But after I ran F110, I did not see email is trigered. And I don't see field being automatically updated. Do you see I miss some steps? Thanks.

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in T-code SCOT if you can find any waiting there. Let me know...

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (0)