cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA - dropdowns not working in Properties section of my fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my layout, I have created a selection screen with 5 input fields. However, I can't set the properties such as Layout Data, textDirection, visible, etc... - none of those allows me to push the dropdown to retrieve values.

I can overwrite values by typing in, but the dropdowns don't work.

anyone experience that before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are talking about at Design Time in the View Layout tab - right? If so, I've experienced that before and it was a problem with the SAPGUI. I patched to a later patch level of the SAPGUI or reinstalled the SAPGUI and it took care of the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep, at design time.

ack.. that's what i was afraid of. I'll probably just reinstall.

thanks alot.

rp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

re-install fixed the issue.. thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, it worked for a little while.. then I just went in to my WD and added a Label - now, none of my drop downs work again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, i think i finally figured it out.

I have dual screens & when my layout is spread across both screens, the dropdowns don't work. However, when I shrink the layout down to 1 screen, the dropdowns now work.. weird.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What release/patch level are you on? I used to have this exact problem you describe as well. I just tested and it is no longer a problem. I can do the DDLBs in the second monitor or even when I span two monitors with my SAPGUI 1/2 in each window. I'm on SAPGUI 7.10 Patch 12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like we're on 7.10 patch 3.

Basis wants me to duplicate this on another machine before thinking about upgrading patch level.

thanks.