cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L allocation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a problem with an Item Group G/L allocation, we have assigned an item to a new Item group( was previously linked to a different group). The new group is allocated to a different account. However when we post invoices linked to this Item it still posts to the old account, is there any other changes I can make to guarantee that the invoices post to the correct account?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,

Lebo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merli,

verify also in Item master data/inventory data, if he parameter '..set GL accounts by ' is for 'group level'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definitely set for 'group level' in this case.

Regards,

Lebo

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lebogang,

This can happen when an Invoice is based on a document that was created before the change of Item Group.

The invoice will copy the account that has been defined on the basedocument row.

Use form settings to display the GL account field on the row of the Invoice and the base document.

The same will happen if you manually change the GL account on the row, this will be copied to the target document and what is defined for the item in the group will not overwrite this.

If this is not the case let us know.

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much, I went and posted an invoice from scratch and it worked, the previous tests I did I had simply duplicated the previous incorrect invoice and posted, but know when I look at the row in the invoice I realise it was simply picking up the incorrect account.

Regards,

Lebo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When was this invoice created? Have you restart your B1 after item change?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I restored a test company to post a few A/R invoices today and test, and they all post to the old account.

Regards,

Lebo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created a new invoice based on new document to try?