cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCUI: Change search group in Z-app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently trying to modify the contacts application and have therefore copied it to ZCRMM_CONTACT. Now I also want to modify it, and start with changing the search area. Among other things, I want to remove some buttons from the toolbar in the search result list, and change the default search term to Last Name.

Now my modified app is throwing an error. Could anyone give me some hint what I need to do? My main problem is that all customizing guides for PCUI concentrate on simply copying data from S to C tables and then changing them, not copying the application elements to z-versions.

What I did for removing the buttons:

1. Copied the app via the Blueprint Application Builder

2. Created a new package with SE80

3. Created new DDIC structures in that package in SE80 named ZCRMT_BSP_SEAREQ_CONTACT and ZCRMT_BSP_SEAREQ_CONTACT (left them empty so far)

4. Created a new field group, ZCOP_SRES, and new toolbar, ZCOP_OIC with the appropriate new structure

5. Changed the z-application so that for the INIT event the new toolbar and new field group are used in search result position

Now when I try to load the z-app in the browser, I get a CX_SY_CREATE_DATA_ERROR error.

What did I miss or where did I not think enough?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create an application set, with the model access classes?

-

Shailaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, no, missed that. Do I have to create a new one? Because I read the appropriate part of the documentation in a way that says there can only be one app set per application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you assign the standard set to the Z-app you created? if so there is not need to create another one. But if you have your Z classes and Z structures i would suggest to create one.

Regards,

Shailaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error mentioned by you is becuase of the application is unbale to find the relevant MAC for the structure.That means you haven't mention the structure MAC relation in the application set which you used in your Z application. Or You didn't have any application set assigned to your application.

Regads,

Abdul Raheem S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Abdul and Shailaja,

the app has an application set assigned, that was taken care of by copying the app with the Blueprint Application Builder.

So I guess the problem is the first part of Abduls reply - "That means you haven't mention the structure MAC relation in the application set which you used in your Z application." What do I have to do for this? Open the app set and simply add a new line in the MAC screen, and then later (for having a cleaner implementation) copy the app set with all the entries and assign that to the app?

Thanks

Thomas

<i>Edit: Hm, tried that, same error. Only copied the lines for ZCRMT_BSP_SEAREQ_CONTACT and ZCRMT_BSP_SEARES_CONTACT</i> in the Model Access screen of the application set which is assigned to this application.

Message was edited by: Thomas Hettenhausen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, noone who has an idea of what I did wrong here?