cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink to a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Crystal reports 2008 version 12.1.0.892, And visual studio 2005.

I've created a website (.aspx) that contains a report, the report itself I've prepared in Crystal reports.

In the DB in the main table, I have a field - PATH, which is a path to a file on my computer or on a server

(for example "c:\temp\test.txt")

Using "Format Field..." I've made this field a Hyperlink to a file.

When I'm using Crystal reports and in the preview I click on the path the file opens,

but when I run the project on localhost or on a server and I click on the path nothing happens,

if I do a right mouse click and choose "Save Target As..." I can save the file to my folders and then I can open it.

How could I open the file in the website the same way as in Crystal reports, with a click?

Thank,

Nadav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do] note helps.

Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've succeeded to open a new window using the first method in the note,

but only if the file/folder is on a server and not on my computer.

Thanks,

Nadav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it out but it doesn't work, when I insert in the formula a "javascript:...." the hyperlink doesn't seem to be a hyperlink on run time (the mouse cursor doesn't change, and now I can't even right click on the link and choose "save target as...")

The note said "These methods are not supported in version XI" and I'm using version XII, so perhaps that is the reason it doesn't work.

Regards,

Nadav.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By XII I assume you mean XI release 2 (11.5).

The instructions work for me. With one exception; I did not do the modification of the web.config file.

For more info, consult the CR Help file too (F1 when inthe CR designer), and search for Hyperlink.

Also, make sure you have the latest Service Pack for CR XI r2:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100013876392008E/crxir2win_sp5.exe

Ludek