cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR9 upgrade to CR2008 format change problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading our Crystal Report from the CR9 to CR2008.

The legacy application is CR9 + VB

The current application is CR2008 + C#

We do the print preview for the same report template (created by CR9. ), the previewer or PDF exported displays different font size, page margin, spacing/padding between objects...

We have hundreds of report templates, we can't afford to recreate them...

thanks for help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

CR9 is a very old product and there are few others between Cr9 and CR2008. So first you need to make sure that you open the reports in CR2008 designer, preview the reports to make sure that you get to see the proper data and resave them, this should upgrade the reports.

Secondly, make sure that the reports have same fonts from the designer. Do all the things that you want to do through applications and then move to the application.

Finally, just to test, create a new report and test the fonts.

Hope that helps.

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AG,

Thanks for quick response. That's helpful answer, but it doesn't resolve the problem.

I am wondering whether other people has the similiar problem.

We hope we can resolve the difference via C# code. like calling some API to make appropriate change.

I'll try these report templates in 2008 designer first to see whether there are differences.

Is this anything to do with the Printer... I searched in the forum, it saidthat different printers may affect the format...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes I have seen some cases where the printers do effect the font size however as stated by Jason the font size is meant to decrease in pdf so you can edit the field font settings in the report accordingly so that it comes to a proper size in pdf format.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

With Specific issue like please purchase a case and have a dedicated Support Engineer work with you directly. This is not a case management system.

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The pdf font size is shrunk intentionally to keep data from truncating.

You can try changing the ForceLargerFonts registry key to 1 to see if that helps. You will need to watch out for data truncation thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know whether it is relate to PDF output.

Even in the Crystal Report Viewer (Print Preview), I can see the differences..

I've attached a picture that shows line spacing/font differences.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H7Ugnee9V94/SfBsz3bA0xI/AAAAAAAAApY/R7-tLMZexwM/s400/1.jpg