cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with CTS+ configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m trying to configure the CTS+ in my SAPs systems. I´ve configured the JAVA part and the CTS+ between the Portal and the Solman is running but now I´ve to configure an ECC SAP system and the SOLMAN but I don´t have any idea, the problem is that both SOLMAN and ECC have a Domain Controller but I´ve to use as principal Domain Controler the DC which is in the Solman,

Could someone help me????

Thanks a lot and best regards, Sapera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all , at least I linked the transports domains.

Best regadrs

former_member453432
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sapera,

everything is correct what Sanjai writes. Controlling the transports of your ECC landscape will be possible when implementing ChaRM (Change Request Management). But this does not mean that you have to implement the hole ChaRM functionality. You could start with setting up only some pieces of ChaRM before implementing all the workflows and different kind of documents for the ChaRM.

With SPS18 (EHP1) for Solution Manager you could think about using the Quality Gate Management (QGM) functionality for managing transports from Solution Manager. But currently this functionality provides good features to control transport for projects. So far, it is not ready to be used for maintenance transports, e.g. bugfixing. It more to be used for planned changes like enhancements / SP implementation / Upgrade and staff.

Please, contact me if you would like to have a more detailed discussion about possible scenarios for using ChaRM or QGM for your landscape.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have to configure the CTS+ in these enviroments:

SOLMAN (ABAP & JAVA) - ECC (ABAP)

SOLMAN (ABAP & JAVA) - BW (ABAP & JAVA)

For the SOLMAN - BW connection I did these steps:

1. Configure the cTS deploy service (Create the rfc, logical port, etc..)

2. In the STMS in the System Overview I created a Non-ABAP system with the parameters WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY: smart and WBO_REL_REQ_STRATEGY: auto

3. In client 000 I defined a new transport route with its own layer with the BW system

4. I activated the services SODIS_CORE_WBO and CTS_BROWSER

5. I launched the transport organizer web ui from the abap stack

6. In the BW portal I created a new system and I did the connection test an all is ok

7. I created a JAVA RFC

I want to use the SOLMAN as Domain controller but at the same time the ECC and BW have their own domain controller because the objective is to control all the requests from the SOLMAN.

Now I can create a transport in the portal and export it then I go to the transport organizer web ui and I can see it but I can´t see it from the STMS in the ABAP stack. Now my problem is with the ABAP stack, for example for the SOLMAN and ECC connection how have I to establish the connection? Have I to create a new External System in the STMS and then add it to the transport route?because I did that but I realeased a transport order in the ECC system but I can´t see it from the SOLMAN.

Could you explain me how to configure the domain link between both domains using transaction STMS??

Thanks a lot and best regards, Sapera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapera,

1. To connect SOLMAN and ECC systems, you have to generate RFC connection between them.

This can to be done using SMSY.

Step by step processess are explained in detail with SAP tutor at https://service.sap.com/rkt-solman.

Once you login rkt-solman, then select Solution Manager 7.0 > Technology Consultants and System Administor > System and Solution Maintenance (SMSY)

a. [System and Solution Maintenance (SMSY)|https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000894082006E.sim]

b. [SMSY - Creating RFC Connections - with Assistant|https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002912202006E.sim]

2. You need to link ECC STMS Domain Controller to SOLMAN STMS.

(No need to create ECC as Java system in STMS. You need to create as ABAP system)

Use this blog for STMS configuration: /people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

OR

Better use SPRO to configure STMS, Just follow SPRO step by step process.

SPRO->SAP Solution Manager->Configuration->Scenario-Specific Settings->Change Management

->Change Request Management->Standard Configuration->Transport Mnaagement System(TMS)

3. If you want to control transports of ECC(DEV, QAS and PRD) from SOLMAN, then you may need to use ChaRM and Service Desk of SOLMAN.

Let me know if you need more help on this.

Regards,

Sanjai

former_member453432
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sapera,

please, have a look into the best practice guide available through SDN first:

Link: [original link is broken]

There are some use cases where to configure the CTS+ transport controller. For the ECC I would recommend to keep the transport controller as you have this already configured for CTS. You will yust enhance the current transport layer for ECC with CTS+ function.

What is the function of your Solution Manager system? Is the issue to setup Change Request Management with CTS+ also? Then you will have to configure the domain link between both domains using transaction STMS.

Best Regards,

Stefan