cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S Table and the IO values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have IO by name ZSTAT.For this we have maintained the texts manually like International,Domestic....

When users tries to filter the values for this IO then we are getting the values from S table as well.I want to understanding why the values are pulling from S table .But I dont want to get all those values.I want to see only the texts whatever maintained for that ZSTAT IO how can I achieve this?

Plz help me.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Filter Selection in Query Execution

This field tells you how the selection of filter values is determined when a query is executed.

When queries are executed, the selection of filter values is usually determined by the data that is selected by the query. This means that only the values for which data has been selected in the current navigation status are displayed.

In many cases, however, it can be useful to include additional values. Therefore you can also choose the settings Only Values in InfoProvider and Values in Master Data Table. If you make this selection, however, you may get the message u201CNo data foundu201D when you select your filter values.

These settings for input help can also be overwritten in the query. More information:

Please check ......

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/5f/b6d837aeadf03ae10000009b38f889/content.htm

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response.This reply has helped me to understand the concept very well.

But when I made the chagnes to the IO definition level and also executed the report still I am getting values from the S table.Am I doing any wrong ?please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Filter Value Selection During Query Execution

You can specify how filter values are to be selected for query execution:

● Only Posted Values for Navigation

The system displays posted values only.

● Only Values in InfoProvider

The system displays only those values that are in the InfoProvider.

● Values in Master Data Table

The system displays all characteristic values from the master data, independently of transaction data.

● Characteristic Relationships

The system uses the current restrictions from the filter of the query and only displays the characteristic values that are valid according to the characteristic relationships.

Use Characteristic Setting: If the default value is always to be used, set this indicator. You can specify the default value in InfoObject maintenance (transaction RSD1).

Check here.....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/1a/25213c9cffa027e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Thanks,

Vijay.

Answers (0)